• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
All I’ve ever asked for is a coach and GM with Stanley Cups on their resumes. Until this team fails with that kind of leadership, I will blame management.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
I'm going to try to take a middle position, which is the worst you can take on a sports board.

Going 0-1-1 vs an up/down NJD and pretty bad Habs team doesn't give a fan confidence moving forward.
However mid January to early March is the hard core doldrums of the (too) long NHL season. They're still in Metro 1st.
Did any of us really think they were better than they've been overall this season?

Big question is what do they try to work on and acquire by the trade deadline :popcorn:

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Not seeing any improvement with whatever 'details' the coaching staff are harping on.

The beatings will continue until morale improves

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
If the Caps had been playing good hockey for the first half of the season and they hit a two game slump after a bye week I think most people could shrug it off.

But they’ve played like garbage all season, minus a few players. Their win/loss record doesn’t match up with the fact that they have been largely crap for this entire season. There are going to be a lot more losses down the stretch unless something changes fundamentally and these past two games are just a sign of things to come.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I'm going to try to take a middle position, which is the worst you can take on a sports board.

Going 0-1-1 vs an up/down NJD and pretty bad Habs team doesn't give a fan confidence moving forward.
However mid January to early March is the hard core doldrums of the (too) long NHL season. They're still in Metro 1st.
Did any of us really think they were better than they've been overall this season?

Big question is what do they try to work on and acquire by the trade deadline :popcorn:

Reasonable stance. As for the big question, like Langway said, you can't tell much of anything while cornerstones of the team are playing like dog doodoo. Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Niskanen, Orlov, Oshie - just too many players giving %50.

At the end of the day, I think we will need to stop shuffling Wilson, DSP, Chiasson and whoever else in and out of the top-6 and actually upgrade the position. Also, Orpik's got to go but that's not new.

Too late in the season to consider coaching changes. Next season.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Reasonable stance. As for the big question, like Langway said, you can't tell much of anything while cornerstones of the team are playing like dog doodoo. Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Niskanen, Orlov, Oshie - just too many players giving %50.

At the end of the day, I think we will need to stop shuffling Wilson, DSP, Chiasson and whoever else in and out of the top-6 and actually upgrade the position. Also, Orpik's got to go but that's not new.

Too late in the season to consider coaching changes. Next season.
Yes, collectively they've gone meh - at about the same time. Holtby isn't exactly in peak form either :oops:

Regardless of Langway's view.
Who, what do they try to obtain at the trade deadline? I know MG will create quite a debate around here o_O

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Yes, collectively they've gone meh - at about the same time. Holtby isn't exactly in peak form either :oops:

Regardless of Langway's view.
Who, what do they try to obtain at the trade deadline? I know MG will create quite a debate around here o_O

I've posted this before. Nothing will make a bigger difference than upgrading on Orpik. Edler is available, reasonably paid and will not cost the whole farm. It's a solution for this season and the next.

A bit too early to say with wingers as not many teams have dropped out yet. That Montreal fella who made us his b****** tonight is available...

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well, I don't know if I'll watch this one. (certainly will as always)

But I told the the other day, don't like our schedule after the break.

At least Flyers play today against a division rival, so maybe they'll be tired tomorrow.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Two postgame player interviews, two mentions of the bye. Weak ass mental makeup IMO.

I don't care if tex comes in and cites stats about teams losing after the bye last year (8-14-4), you can't keep throwing excuses around if you want to be the best. Eight teams still won last season coming off the bye, including the Cup winning Penguins.

Hitting a post is MEANINGLESS. It's not a goal, it's not a shot on net. One could argue that the goalie covered just enough of the net to allow nothing but post. Even a player hitting a post on an empty net is not an excuse for anything. Goals are the goal. Score the most. Period.

How much rest is just the right amount? What about the other guys...do they deserve perfect amounts of rest, as well? Too many days off...not enough days off... there is not going to be a perfect situation where everyone is healthy and perfectly rested, and everything is easy.

Just plugging in stats and banking on "should" situations that look good on paper does not win championships. It creates disappointments.

MENTALLY TOUGH PLAYERS win championships. COACHES who get it and pass it on to the players win championships.

NO COMPLAINING. NO EXCUSES. EVER.

BRING ON THE FLYERS.

NgOD4Q1.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't care if tex comes in and cites stats about teams losing after the bye last year (8-14-4), you can't keep throwing excuses around if you want to be the best. Eight teams still won last season coming off the bye, including the Cup winning Penguins.
ye

zzzzzzzzzzzzz. if they won, it proves nothing. they are who they are. their path to success is not going to be by the numbers. yell if it makes you feel better.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
ye

zzzzzzzzzzzzz. if they won, it proves nothing. they are who they are. their path to success is not going to be by the numbers. yell if it makes you feel better.

Translation?

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
From Twitter
Capitals lines at practice right now... Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Burakovsky-Backstrom-Oshie
Stephenson-Eller-Connolly
DSP-Beagle-Chiasson
Vrana is cycling in.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Translation?

It means they are the Caps. If they had the fortitude you are looking for so they won these out of the bye week games, they remain the Caps and remain likely to choke. If at some point they have a good team that doesn't choke, them having a perfect team wont be the reason they win. I give up totally on complaining about the usual. its a waste of your gOOnishly tight time. But if its fun....carry on

Or...this makes more sense. Don't pay any attention to what I say. Anything that happens in the regular season doesn't matter to me. I care about g1 round 3. I have no answers after

Last edited:
Reactions: calicapsfan

Man Machine

Jan 6, 2018
While I fully agree that this team needs something more to be playing hockey in June, I still consider this season a success so far.
No need to panic.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It means they are the Caps. If they had the fortitude you are looking for so they won these out of the bye week games, they remain the Caps and remain likely to choke. If at some point they have a good team that doesn't choke, them having a perfect team wont be the reason they win. I give up totally on complaining about the usual. its a waste of your gOOnishly tight time. But if its fun....carry on

Or...this makes more sense. Don't pay any attention to what I say. Anything that happens in the regular season doesn't matter to me. I care about g1 round 3. I have no answers after

Pretty fatalistic of you, but understandable that some fans have essentially given up hope until they prove otherwise. I was close, but am back from the brink. My expectations have disappeared but along with that, I can just enjoy it game by game now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->