Post-Game Talk: Habs Blanked for 2nd game in a row, 0-2 -- Niemi Superb Again

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The lack of offence this season is just appalling. And it's not just the lack of goals but the ability to create offence, get the chances and bury them. How the owner of this team can go into another off season with this GM is beyond me.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
What are the odds no one from Laval or scouts are let go and Bergy cites all the games played down the stretch as them doing a great job?

Youngsters havent been impressive but you know, games played. Too legit logic

Bergy will use that for sure. Priority is always to keep jobs in place.

Its a foxhole thing.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I wonder how the tendons are connected. Depending on how they're connected it might be an advantage for the piano, or it could just get in the way.

its a patterning thing, its not like an extra useless appendage. There are lots of types of polydactyly (in some cases the fingers do not separate which is more correctly called syndactyly) but from the picture my guess is that for complete central polydactyly the extra finger would function like the other fingers. Ask and you shall receive ( its a brazilian family, not indian)

4541152F00000578-4973342-Morena_said_her_piano_teacher_is_jealous_of_her_additional_finge-a-5_1507829493584.jpg

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
No 50 point scorer on this team...wow
that's pretty bad, there is no way around it but the number of goals by our centers (any or all of them) is horrific. I knew we were weak down the middle, but that weak ? yikes !

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
its a patterning thing, its not like an extra useless appendage. There are lots of types of polydactyly (in some cases the fingers do not separate which is more correctly called syndactyly) but from the picture my guess is that for complete central polydactyly the extra finger would function like the other fingers. Ask and you shall receive ( its a brazilian family, not indian)

4541152F00000578-4973342-Morena_said_her_piano_teacher_is_jealous_of_her_additional_finge-a-5_1507829493584.jpg

Do they have an extra raising tendon? You only have 3 raising tendons in a ''normal'' human hand, which manifests itself in piano playing in it being more difficult to perform a trill between the 4th and 5th finger, or 3rd and 4th finger than between the 2nd and 3rd, or 1st and 3rd fingers (due to the dependent, as opposed to independent resetting of the fingers, respectively). If they actually had a 4th raising tendon they could do all kinds of whacky shit. The ''three hands'' technique like you see in ''Un Sospiro'' would be the lower end of what would be possible.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Do they have an extra raising tendon? You only have 3 raising tendons in a ''normal'' human hand, which manifests itself in piano playing in it being more difficult to perform a trill between the 4th and 5th finger, or 3rd and 4th finger than between the 2nd and 3rd, or 1st and 3rd fingers (due to the dependent, as opposed to independent resetting of the fingers, respectively). If they actually had a 4th raising tendon they could do all kinds of whacky ****. The ''three hands'' technique like you see in ''Un Sospiro'' would be the lower end of what would be possible.

I have no idea, sorry. And if you expect me to recognize the " three hands technique" you are giving me WAY too much credit.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We win some games=stupid GM/Coach/Team can't even tank properly!

We lose= stupid GM/Coach/Team can't even score a goal!

:thumbu:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Do they have an extra raising tendon? You only have 3 raising tendons in a ''normal'' human hand, which manifests itself in piano playing in it being more difficult to perform a trill between the 4th and 5th finger, or 3rd and 4th finger than between the 2nd and 3rd, or 1st and 3rd fingers (due to the dependent, as opposed to independent resetting of the fingers, respectively). If they actually had a 4th raising tendon they could do all kinds of whacky ****. The ''three hands'' technique like you see in ''Un Sospiro'' would be the lower end of what would be possible.

I cry foul, they have an advantage over other piano players. Life's so unfair sometimes.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Drouin was acquired for a hefty price because he was French and he’s been treated like the next big thing for the same reason. If you can’t accept the politics going on within this franchise right now, you’re not worth debating with.
Very true and actually kind of funny if you think about it, we had one of the worst seasons I have ever witnessed as a habs fan and the local media feels bad for Drouin, our number one center.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
The lack of offence this season is just appalling. And it's not just the lack of goals but the ability to create offence, get the chances and bury them. How the owner of this team can go into another off season with this GM is beyond me.
What I want to know is How is Ottawa worse than us??? I don’t get it. They have 4 20 goal scorers, a number 1 centre, Karlsson, and their starting goalie! How are the Habs ahead of them?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
What I want to know is How is Ottawa worse than us??? I don’t get it. They have 4 20 goal scorers, a number 1 centre, Karlsson, and their starting goalie! How are the Habs ahead of them?
Karlsson has point but has been pretty bad overall, he seems slower and has lost some mobility after his surgery.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018

Wait a week and it shall be corrected! :cool:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
How many breakaways, 2 on 1s, and 3 on 1s have we seen yesterday? That 3rd period was a defensive nightmare.

They deserve to play in an empty arena. Pathetic.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Problem is I'm a bit anal when it comes to stupid mistakes. Hate to see them slip by, even when they make for good entertainment. I see them as a sign of weakness/failure. If my profile name was Bergymeister, I'd probably shoot myself :sarcasm:

Not at all. I find it adds to your other stuff, that is intentionally quirky. I apologize if what I wrote was miscontrued as anything else but humor. It was not a personal slight, I always enjoy reading you. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->