Habs Announce Layoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
I can't wait until some idiot comes in and says "The players don't care about the little people, they are ruining people's families". Like the players employed the workers or are somehow their responsibility.

ResidentAlien*

semi-related

I heard today on one of the vancouver stations that Mike Fisher from the Sens has signed a deal for the swiss tema he has been playing on for next year, withOUT a clause allowing him to return should the NHL wake up. Apprentley he was advised by the PA to "go ahead and sign"
I havent found a link online or I would post it, did anyone else hear that?
Could that a be another sign of things to come?

Lil' Jimmy Norton*

Jan 31, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
ResidentAlien said:
semi-related

I heard today on one of the vancouver stations that Mike Fisher from the Sens has signed a deal for the swiss tema he has been playing on for next year, withOUT a clause allowing him to return should the NHL wake up. Apprentley he was advised by the PA to "go ahead and sign"

In my best Beavis & Butthead voice...Fisher Uh... uh... What A Dumb-A** :lol

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
I goes to show that they still need to get this deal done sooner, rather than later.. There is still work to be done in the offseason by certain people.. :shakehead

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
ScottyBowman said:
I can't wait until some idiot comes in and says "The players don't care about the little people, they are ruining people's families". Like the players employed the workers or are somehow their responsibility.
Actually, yeah... thats about right.

Its a job and when you can find blame with why you can't work at your job it's going to be obvious where you point your finger.

What if you lost your job because others were making a money grab?

ResidentAlien*

Chuck Shick said:
In my best Beavis & Butthead voice...Fisher Uh... uh... What A Dumb-A** :lol
ya..he may be a dumba$$ but if its a trend then its a scary (to me) thought.
I just thought it was my duty to share...hhhee heeeh..i said "duty"

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Ahh

ScottyBowman said:

The consumate PA supporter, considerate to a fault!

Jarqui

Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
ScottyBowman said:

AM said:
The consumate PA supporter, considerate to a fault!

He's been so busy apologizing for the deluded players, his compassion is all tuckered out.

The players have a right to make their stand but their actions have consequences for which the players bear some responsibility. I'm sure the laid off parents in the hockey industry have been trying to explain this to their kids as they try to find a way to move on with their lives.

Last edited:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
cleduc said:
He's been so busy apologizing for the deluded players, his compassion is all tuckered out.

The players have a right to make their stand but their actions have consequences for which the players bear some responsilibility. I'm sure the laid off parents in the hockey industry have been trying to explain this to their kids as they try to find a way to move on with their lives.

In related news Modano has NOT sent me any money for my dog this month and again he must continue to eat table scraps to survive.

RedSoxNation

Jan 31, 2005
ResidentAlien said:
semi-related

which of the two vancouver stations mis-reported this gem. No that report has been refuted

RedSoxNation

Jan 31, 2005
this is going to sound very mean of me, however since no one knows who I am and its a free forum debate, I'll say this. Anyone who is still working for an NHL franchise is their own worst enemy if they didn't have a plan B, C or D once the lockout began. They mis-read the players, they mis-read the owners and while it is terrible when anyone losses their job, at the end of the day anyone working for an NHL franchise is living their life on the edge or the ledge

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Lady Rhian said:
So sorry to hear that the livelihoods of others have been affected by this. Such ashame.

The NHL deserves to get panned, but the fact is that in many cities, even south of the border, the ancillary folks are taking a hit, as the Boston Globe article below demonstrates. I'm a fan who still plays hockey and sees university games all over Boston, but I haven't lost income because of this stalemate. A friend of mine who works a concession stand in the FleetCenter said he would trade in the Celtics season for a Bruins season in a heartbeat. Hockey means better business and better tips.

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2005/02/19/that_empty_feeling/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad