Rumor: Habs and Oilers "reigniting trade talks"

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Lucic (5 years left) for Alzner (4 years left) as a base I could see.

The middle part is tough, since the habs are taking on the extra year + 1.375 million more. Is the 10th overall worth that difference? I think not.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I have no faith in Bergevin, but Chia is one of the only gms where we might actually have a chance of winning a trade....coin toss

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
I just want to sit back and eat popcorn while waiting for these two to make a trade that hurts both their teams.

I truly feel sorry for Habs and Oilers fans. I think I'd want to slit my wrists if we had one of your GMs

Reactions: McDrai

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
What exactly would the Oilers trade Nugent-Hopkins to Montreal for?

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I just want to sit back and eat popcorn while waiting for these two to make a trade that hurts both their teams.

I truly feel sorry for Habs and Oilers fans. I think I'd want to slit my wrists if we had one of your GMs

I've considered this several times. Chia is all 13 reasons why.

Reactions: 780il

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017

The middle part is tough, since the habs are taking on the extra year + 1.375 million more. Is the 10th overall worth that difference? I think not.

i wouldn't have a big problem with a base of Lucic for Alzner. i think #3 and #10 would be included as well with the Habs getting extra picks from the Oilers.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
hahaha damn, the 2 worst GM in the league talking to each other, i'd give the edge to Chi...

I guess we have 40% chances of winning this trade. i like these odds!
If they make a trade with each other could both the Canadiens and Oilers both be considered to have lost it no matter whatever trade is made?

Reactions: McDrai

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Lucic
RNH

FOR
Alzner
Pacioretty

I CAN FEEL IT IN MY BONES!
I highly doubt that GMMB goes that high, they clearly need Kotkaniemi.... but never under underestimate the power of incompetence :naughty: :laugh:

I dont.... Edmonton already have a surplus of LHD

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lucic wouldn't waive to goto Montreal. So I think that pretty much seals that possibility.

RNH is not being moved. Especially for an expiring and declining Pacoiretty.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Jimmy Murphy is one of the least reliable rumor mongers, but I heard another even more unreliable rumor monger with no credentials say Montreal had interest in Ryan Strome.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Heck they should promote this potential trade like a main event ufc fight . We could be witnessing history here folks. 2 of the worst NHL general managers of all time going at it in a head to head battle royale. Who will win? Or will they both knock eachother out at the same time? Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->