News Article: Habs 8th in Hockey's Future Team Prospect Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Who cares about our ranking! It wasn't too long ago we where #1 and we all know how that ended up.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
when we're we ranked #1?

We were ranked pretty high at some point which does makes sense considering the Habs are one of the teams that produced the most NHLers in the last decades, including quite a few quality ones. I'm not quite sure we were even no1, if we did it might have been when Price was winning a million junior and ahl awards and we just had the 2007 draft (one of the best by any teams in recent nhl history. heh not HFboards fault Gainey traded McDonagh). There were also had guys like Latendresse, Grabovski and Sergei Kostitsyn that looked very promising at the time (SK is still pretty good, Latendresse got derailed by injuries and getting rushed. Grabovski turned out to be a good player. We should have been more patient with them, in hindsight).

EDIT : Habs were 4th in 2007 and looking at other team's prospect list, its not that undeserved. Phoenix was ranked higher, believe it or not!

Last edited:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
We were ranked pretty high at some point which does makes sense considering the Habs are one of the teams that produced the most NHLers in the last decades, including quite a few quality ones. I'm not quite sure we were even no1, if we did it might have been when Price was winning a million junior and ahl awards and we just had the 2007 draft (one of the best by any teams in recent nhl history. heh not HFboards fault Gainey traded McDonagh). There were also had guys like Latendresse, Grabovski and Sergei Kostitsyn that looked very promising at the time (SK is still pretty good, Latendresse got derailed by injuries and getting rushed. Grabovski turned out to be a good player. We should have been more patient with them, in hindsight).

EDIT : Habs were 4th in 2007 and looking at other team's prospect list, its not that undeserved. Phoenix was ranked higher, believe it or not!

We had pretty good prospects, just a mediocre development crew. I'm confident that Bergevin will turn things around with the people he hired.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

We're in a way better spot now, quality and quantity wise. The Bulldogs are starting to come around and boast quite a few solid if unspectacular forward prospects(it rankles me to say Gallagher's 'unspectacular', just barely though) and some great D men.

More NHL hopefuls on a Dogs team I've seen since I've been following them. It'll be interesting to see how much they'll improve individually by next year. I hope Holland has a lot more room to grow (size and playing wise) he could be a dandy.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
We ranked #2 in spring of 2007

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/9672/hockeys_future_spring2007_organizational_rankings115/

I tried searching for the spring 2008 edition since I believe it was this one that we got the #1 spot but I had no luck.The fall edition of 2008 we had the #8 spot. We regained the #2 spot in spring of 2009

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/11242/hockeys_future_spring2009_organizational_rankings110/

Wow, we were #2 and then we drafted Subban, Patches, and McD a month later? What could have been...

JPB1112ERZN

Sep 30, 2012
Mount Vernon, NY
Its interesting to note that in looking at the 2009 rankings, the Habs later acquired the top team's (St. Louis) 3rd and 5th best prospects in Eller and Palushaj.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->