Hab fans which would you rather have?

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
ROR instantly becomes our best centre. Good two player but is a second line guy. Good one too boot. Not trading a top 5 pick for him though
That’s just insane. No offence
Habs need a bonifide #1 centre. Either get one or rebuild and keep all draft picks
The Shaw trade looks bad. DeBrincat has 28 goals

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Gar
garbage? Perhaps. More or less garbagy with ROR? Decidedly less.uu
If he's so good why is Buffalo even worse despite having way better center depth? He's not a game breaking player.

I would take all 4 of those packages over ROR even with the assumption that Poehling busts Leblanc style (I don't think he will). ROR basically offers nothing to this team in its current state. He'd have been a great fit on the 2016 team, but that ship has sailed.

Last edited:
Reactions: mariolemieux66

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario
I would like to hear the opinions of our Hab fans on this.
If given the choice which would you rather have?
4 options.I should add i would like an opinion on all 4 options.

Dahlin and Poehling or ROR-------
Svechnikov and Poehling or ROR-----
Zadina and Poehling or ROR
Tkachuk and Poehling or ROR

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
You don't understand people, after all of this time, wanting a real 1C rather than. Waiting and hoping that a player will develop into a high 2C/low 1C?

You do. Know that this is montreal who doesn't have a. Stellar record in developing centers, correct?

So the plan is to wait for poehling to arrive. And the whole time run with danault as our best center? Doesn't this seem a little risky?

When poehling makes the club, who mentors him? Danault? Drouin? Or is the plan to let him develop his game, call him up. And slot a green as grass rookie into the 1C spot and hope for the best?

ROR is no panacea, but he IS a credible center. If the plan is to wait for the calvary in hopes it shows up, we are probably screwed either way.
Just so you know a centre is a the biggest well go after for next season, as bergevin said to go full out on Tavares and Stastny, JT Miller. Those will be there if they accept contract so see what happens to one of theses FA... Not full out but definitely offer a contract

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Just so you know a centre is a the biggest well go after for next season, as bergevin said to go full out on Tavares and Stastny, JT Miller. Those will be there if they accept contract so see what happens to one of theses FA... Not full out but definitely offer a contract
This is a story that seems eerily familiar, like some sort of deja vu.

Yeah if we get a real 1C then we don't need ROR.

Reactions: GHJimmy

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
If he's so good why is Buffalo even worse despite having way better center depth? He's not a game breaking player.

I would take all 4 of those packages over ROR even with the assumption that Poehling busts Leblanc style (I don't think he will). ROR basically offers nothing to this team in its current state. He'd have been a great fit on the 2016 team, but that ship has sailed.
Are you freaking serious? The oilers stunk this year so mcdavid is no good?

ROR is, at worst, twice as good as our current best center. You might ask. Whothat is andIdont know becuase wedont HAVE any centers.

So our wingers will have to keep score by pulling their lines up and down the ice.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

ROR is, at worst, twice as good as our current best center. You might ask. Whothat is andIdont know becuase wedont HAVE any centers.

So our wingers will have to keep score by pulling their lines up and down the ice.
ROR is a bandage not a fix. Draft the best player available with our pick. Try to sign a ufa and that fails keep course and look for a C next draft.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Obviously a non Habs fan.

But; Anyone + Poehling over ROR.

It's time to stop trading and start stocking. There are dark days ahead. Might as well make them fruitful in the end.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Even if we had ROR on our team this year with no subtractions, I still think we would be disappointed. Team needs to target youth and stock pile grade A prospects at this point. It’s clear to me.

Don’t care if ROR would be our best center. Tavares would be someone I add and we don’t have to give up assets to get him. Then we need a PMD and we can maybe then be contenders

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
ROR is a piece you add when we are already contenders IMO. So personally I choose youth and I prefer Poehling and Tkachuk based on how our current team looks
O'Reilly would be the closest thing to a legit #1 centre we have had in a long time.

I personally don't think Poehling or Tkachuk will ever be 1st line impact players so I would go with the 27 year old, 2-way #1 C.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
O'Reilly would be the closest thing to a legit #1 centre we have had in a long time.

I personally don't think Poehling or Tkachuk will ever be 1st line impact players so I would go with the 27 year old, 2-way #1 C.

I understand ROR would be our best center. Don’t care cause it’s not saying much on our team with the center depth we have had.

Rather focus on youth and build that way. We have the picks to address this moving forward

Adding ROR will add salary and subtraction from our young core. Not the right time for us to make a move like that

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal

Now is not the time to add ROR and finish 2 pts out of a playoffs.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
ROR is a bandage not a fix. Draft the best player available with our pick. Try to sign a ufa and that fails keep course and look for a C next draft.
And if the BPA isn't a center we go 6 years oor more with no center? We have tried this, it has not worked. We have good wingers wasting away from lack of supportive linemates.

Everyone knows the value of a good center, we haven't had one and youdont want to try to get one in hopes we might be. Able to develop one (ha!) or one might becomme available at some time I'm the future.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada

ROR would be a great addition to our 2016 team. He'd be wasted here. By the time the team is rebuilt he'll be 30+ and in decline.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

The answer is not ROR in any of the above cases. Not that he's a bad player, but you know what you get with him, and the habs need more anyways, so take your chances with the other guys who might end up being alot more valuable in the long run.

Janne Niinimaa

"Character"
Sep 28, 2017
Montreal
ROR would be a great addition to our 2016 team. He'd be wasted here. By the time the team is rebuilt he'll be 30+ and in decline.
If the team is committed to a full on rebuild then I agree. Since I don't think that will happen, value wise, the trade is good for us and our lineup wouldn't look all that bad.

Max Pacioretty - Ryan O'Reilly - Brendan Gallagher
Alex Galchenyuk - Jonathan Drouin - Nikita Scherbak
Charles Hudon - Phillip Danault - Paul Byron
Nicholas Deslauriers - Jacob De La Rose - Andrew Shaw

XXX - Shea Weber
Victor Mete - Jeff Petry
Karl Alzner - Noah Juulsen

Carey Price

Use Lekhonen ++ to get a semi decent partner for Weber and we are somewhat competitive. But yes I would much prefer Dahlin, Svech or Zadina + Poehling to ROR. Tkachuk doesnt do it for me. I don't think he or Poehling will be huge impact players.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
If the team is committed to a full on rebuild then I agree. Since I don't think that will happen, value wise, the trade is good for us and our lineup wouldn't look all that bad.

Max Pacioretty - Ryan O'Reilly - Brendan Gallagher
Alex Galchenyuk - Jonathan Drouin - Nikita Scherbak
Charles Hudon - Phillip Danault - Paul Byron
Nicholas Deslauriers - Jacob De La Rose - Andrew Shaw

XXX - Shea Weber
Victor Mete - Jeff Petry
Karl Alzner - Noah Juulsen

Carey Price

Use Lekhonen ++ to get a semi decent partner for Weber and we are somewhat competitive. But yes I would much prefer Dahlin, Svech or Zadina + Poehling to ROR. Tkachuk doesnt do it for me. I don't think he or Poehling will be huge impact players.

O’Reilly has pushed Buffalo to the next level, surely he can do that for us too!

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

New GM/New GM
New GM/New GM
New GM/New GM
New GM/New GM

Let's go with any of these 4 options...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad