Guy Boucher Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Should have gotten Boudreau according to the crap-tier

I'll hang my head in shame and admit that I cried loudly when it all went down...

So glad they made the choice of Boucher. Hes a gem of a coach. Crawford doesnt get enough credit either, I'm sure that he's part of the winning equation right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkStone

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Should have gotten Boudreau according to the crap-tier

What was wrong with getting Boudreau?

Calling people who wanted one of the best coach in the NHL "crap-tier" is pretty low if you want my opinion.

Boucher has proved to be an excellent choice which is great, why go back and try to shame people that wanted Boudreau? Dissapointing.

Why not just be happy that we have Boucher now...

Last edited:
Reactions: asw

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
So happy this team made the coaching change after 15-16.

Dave Cameron was a terrible coach

Difference with Boucher is night and day

Reactions: MarkStone

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
no respect for my boy clouston. who remembers that 11 game win streak that was started by mike brodeur and ended by brian elliott?

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Decided to just copy and paste a post I made in a thread on the main board because I feel it relates to this thread:

I have confidence that as long as we make the playoffs and as long as Boucher's voice is heard in the dressing room we'll be a tough team to knock off. Now, that is not to be confused with me saying that they will advance far, just that we have enough characters, chemistry and belief in the coach/system that I don't think we're an easy 4 game sweep or five gamer for any team in the league.

And I say this because although the season is young, it's incredibly refreshing to see this type of hockey from the Ottawa Senators. Even in the brief McLean, and Hamburglar run moments you never got the sense that the team was forming an identity. People can deride Ottawa Senators, Guy Boucher, 1-3-1 hockey but it's refreshing as a fan to know what the philosophy and approach is for the team. And so far, in a season and change, to be having some measure of success with it.

It's early days still but Boucher as given me optimism in the future of the club that I haven't had in a long time. We don't have that superstar offensive talent (forward wise), but we can perhaps at our peak be a lite version of those old Devils teams that had a great team work ethic and won games by committee, with everyone contributing.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
i think i know the best timeout in playoffs sens history :naughty:
That Paulrus timeout vs Montreal was a legendary troll job. I was at the game and the few remaining Habs fans were losing their minds. Great moment.

The timeout vs the Leafs was great timing though. Good call by Boucher.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I would like to see just a little more Bond Villain out of him. He's been pretty even keel since coming here.

toronto money leafs
Sep 29, 2017
Paris
I wanted the Leafs to hire Boucher as HC before Babcock, and even Carlyle (iirc). He's always been a solid coach, with a strong system if the players buy in.

Who gives a f*** if everyone else talks trash about the trap? ........ News flash its only fun if your team is the one applying it. Top 5-10 coach in my book.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
i'm decent at lip reading, during the time out he told Stone "i want you to do that puck stealing thing you do, go in on the goalie for a shot, then pick up your rebound and score"... Guy Boucher is truly a master timeout tactician

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
He out-coached Babcock big time last game.

Hockey Genius. Best Coach in the NHL.

Best hire in Sens history.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Last year he was the solution, and today he is the problem.

"fans" who have this mindset have to check the wind before they make up their minds.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
He could be both. He's always had a short shelf-life.

I had the same worries when he was hired. My opinion hasn't changed.

So does he get the benefit of a third full season to see which of his two previous ones were more indicative of how his system works?

I say yes.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
So does he get the benefit of a third full season to see which of his two previous ones were more indicative of how his system works?

I say yes.

I say he gets it to the end of this year to see if there is any improvement. But if we play like we have in the month of Dec. then not sure he makes it to the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->