Gustav Forsling

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
If only Stan can muster up the courage to ask Seabrook to drop his NMC but hes too much of a ***** to confront him though. On second thought even if he did who are we kidding he couldnt trade him if his life depended on it and it would require another TT kind of trade to make it happen, this time he would trade away Shmaltz and Cat along with him lol
So you made a comment here calling out Bowman's lack of courage, then say immediately "oh wait, on second thought"... Really? REALLY???

It was a bad move that has, and will continue, to hurt the Hawks. But grow up and deal with it like most everybody else on this board.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So you made a comment here calling out Bowman's lack of courage, then say immediately "oh wait, on second thought"... Really? REALLY???

It was a bad move that has, and will continue, to hurt the Hawks. But grow up and deal with it like most everybody else on this board.

Why do some get so bothered by people criticizing Stan, you would think it’s their uncle or something lol. It’s a hockey forum and I am talking hockey through some condescending sarcasm, deal with it yourself.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Why do some get so bothered by people criticizing Stan, you would think it’s their uncle or something lol. It’s a hockey forum and I am talking hockey through some condescending sarcasm, deal with it yourself.
No one here gives a shit about Stan. f*** him. Why should I care about his ass?

But every single comment you make is just another dig at him, the roster, or the organization as a whole. You make a comment about Stan just to say mid-way through "nope, guess he can't do that....you know, because of that awful contract he handed out". You knew exactly what you were typing at the very beginning, but you thought you'd be edgy by calling Bowman scared and then mocking the atrocity known as Seabrook's contract.

Again, none of us are happy about that contract, or Bickell's contract, or giving up guys like Panarin and Teravainen. But none of us (except you) feel a need to say it over and over and over again in damn near every thread on this part of HF.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
No one here gives a **** about Stan. **** him. Why should I care about his ass?

But every single comment you make is just another dig at him, the roster, or the organization as a whole. You make a comment about Stan just to say mid-way through "nope, guess he can't do that....you know, because of that awful contract he handed out". You knew exactly what you were typing at the very beginning, but you thought you'd be edgy by calling Bowman scared and then mocking the atrocity known as Seabrook's contract.

Again, none of us are happy about that contract, or Bickell's contract, or giving up guys like Panarin and Teravainen. But none of us (except you) feel a need to say it over and over and over again in damn near every thread on this part of HF.

I dont take "shots" at the organization, if anything I am taking shots at the personnel that destroyed the organization.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I dont take "shots" at the organization, if anything I am taking shots at the personnel that destroyed the organization.
Destroyed the organization? Who knows where this organization will go in the next several years. There is a good chance we don't win another cup. But do you bother looking at any other organization not named the Pens?

Tell me, how good have the Flyers been since the 2010 Final? What about the Bruins and Canucks after 2011? Bruins made it to the Finals again, only to lose to us. They also had a president's trophy season in 2014, but couldn't get passed the 2nd round. Kings have won 2 cups, but have missed the playoffs a couple times already since. The team they faced, New Jersey, has been a bottom feeder for the last several years (only getting better now that they drafted the 2017 1st overall pick). I can go on if you'd like....

Point is, this organization has done extremely well for itself. There have been mistakes, but hindsight is 20/20.

joelCAMEL

Apr 17, 2018
Vancouver
2016-17, Forsling played ~38 games with the Hawks and then got sent down to Rockford. I remember a comment that it was the earliest that Forsling could get sent down. Did he have a clause that he had to spend X games in the NHL before he could be sent to the minors?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
2016-17, Forsling played ~38 games with the Hawks and then got sent down to Rockford. I remember a comment that it was the earliest that Forsling could get sent down. Did he have a clause that he had to spend X games in the NHL before he could be sent to the minors?
No it was a non AHL clause saying he would have to go back to Sweden. If I remember right he just waived it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No it was a non AHL clause saying he would have to go back to Sweden. If I remember right he just waived it.

I think this says something about him and his awareness that he has holes in his game. Crazy to think but he is only 21. We saw how good he can be last season (he was a top 3 guy for that stretch) and not it is about doing it consistently. I still would like to see him play with Murphy as he would provide some physical insulation for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I think this says something about him and his awareness that he has holes in his game. Crazy to think but he is only 21. We saw how good he can be last season (he was a top 3 guy for that stretch) and not it is about doing it consistently. I still would like to see him play with Murphy as he would provide some physical insulation for him.

Do you still think he has top-4 potential? I know some people on here don't see that in him.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Do you still think he has top-4 potential? I know some people on here don't see that in him.

He easily has top 4 potential. Anyone who doesn't see that has no idea wtf they're talking about, honestly. If he can be more consistent(something that comes as you age/mature in the NHL) then he has top pairing potential, IMO. He's 21. And showed for 3-4 weeks this past season that he can be a damn good D. It's crazy that I have to keep saying this... but Duncan Keith was not Duncan Keith until he was like 25-26 years old... It's just how it works with D, typically. So for people to be throwing away Forsling like he's some bottom pairing lost cause... is idiotic.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

100% we saw it last season that he can play to that level. He fell off but the whole team when to shit. The skill set and mind are there. It would be nice for our D to not have to play in a predictable shit system that puts them at a distinct disadvantage.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Like 30 games in this season he was playing the most defensive minutes on the team, the most 5 v 5 minutes, getting 19-25 minutes for a good 15 games with Rutta but then Rutta got hurt and it went down hill.
He’s young but I still see him as having a high ceiling.

joelCAMEL

Apr 17, 2018
Vancouver
thanks for the update, TLEHMANN. some fans still moan about this 3 yr old clendenning/forsling trade on the canucks board and i wanted some info before i posted

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
He is not allowed to do much with the puck in the neutral Zone. I'd want to see him rush the puck much more and think he would be more effectiv doing it.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Forsling has top 4 potential no doubt, even too 2 but Mutphy on the other hand is as good as he’s gonna get which is good for a 5-6D @4M which is a joke. I wouldn’t recommend putting them together, we need a skilled guys who can compliment his game to play with him, someone who can make and receive crisp passes, someone who can strip pucks in the D zone from players, someone fast, someone who doesn’t just give the puck away under pressure, all things Murphy can’t do. Oh but hey he can throw an average of a hit and a half per game, apparently he’s a physical monster lol

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Will this kid come back and play like he did in December of 2017? Would be a massive boost to our D core, as we are quite thin on the LD ...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Will this kid come back and play like he did in December of 2017? Would be a massive boost to our D core, as we are quite thin on the LD ...

I think he will. I would pair him with Seabrook and go from there.

2-28
42-7
56-44

Then when Murphy comes back I would go with these pairings.

2-28
42-7
56-5

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
he likely goes to Rockford and plays 2-3 weeks down there before we even see him when he gets healthy again..
Will he play at all this year? Keith will never 'sit' - Mandog and GUs seem like 'Q' guys. Davidson is sitting in the pressbox too. An injury would need to happen.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Will he play at all this year? Keith will never 'sit' - Mandog and GUs seem like 'Q' guys. Davidson is sitting in the pressbox too. An injury would need to happen.
I think when he comes back, proves in Rockford he is ready to jump back up, the Hawks will move Rutta like we did Kempny...that will open the room for him, Rutta traded and Davidson sent down...

Reactions: CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Agree with both BK and AD. He'll likely need a few weeks to get caught up in Rockford, but I have a good feeling that he can be that same type of player we saw for that month last year. Which adding that and a healthy Murphy is like adding a decent middle pairing in season while not giving up any assets. Quite nice position to be in provided we can keep stealing points until that time comes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad