11. Los Angeles: Marek Schwarz
12. Minnesota: Alexandre Picard
13. Buffalo: Kyle Chipchura
14. Edmonton: A.J. Thelen

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Solid top 14, good job! :handclap:

A bit surprising Chipchura to Buffalo and Thelen slipping to the 14# spot, but I agree almost completely with the top 10 (Montoya could slip to LA with Schwarz to Carolina)

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Unless Schremp or Olesz...

GuiG said:
1. washington: Alexander Ovechkin
2. Pittsburgh: Evgeny Malkin
3. Chicago: Robbie Schremp
4. Columbus: Cam Barker
5. Phoenix: Rostislav Olesz
6. NY Rangers: Wojtek Wolski
7. Florida: Lauri Tukonen
8. Carolina: Alvaro Montoya
9. Anaheim: Andrew Ladd
10. Atlanta: Drew Stafford
11. Los Angeles: Marek Schwarz
12. Minnesota: Alexandre Picard
13. Buffalo: Kyle Chipchura
14. Edmonton: A.J. Thelen

are available when the Rangers are on the board, they will take Ladd. Sather recently scouted Calgary on a trip out west, and the word is that he came away very impressed by Ladd (and also, Carson.) The only way Ladd slips by the Rangers is if a player not expected to be there falls into their lap.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
jas said:
are available when the Rangers are on the board, they will take Ladd. Sather recently scouted Calgary on a trip out west, and the word is that he came away very impressed by Ladd (and also, Carson.) The only way Ladd slips by the Rangers is if a player not expected to be there falls into their lap.

If both Wolski and Ladd are available for the Rangers, they would take Wolski IMO.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
sorry guys, gotta dissagree with Carolina taking a goalie in the first... this year.

Carolina will give Cam at least 2 years to show his stuff at the AHL level before they even think of drafting another goalie that early... at least not unless there's another Fleury or Luongo on the radar in the next year or so.

Think Thelen or Picard with that situation with them possibly taking a chance on McGrath.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Carolina took a goalie in the first round the year before last and his stock has risen significantly. Cam Ward has been the best goaltender in the WHL for the past three seasons. Even better than Harding, in my opinion. He's just under the radar for some reason to which i'm not sure why. Montoya doesn't make much sense with all the holes that we have on our defense and up front with overly talented forwards. Unless it's a sure thing, goalies are too much of a gamble when your team is like Carolina's team that already has a solid goaltender in Weekes (28) and a very nice prospect in the wings in Cam Ward (20).

This is the order of importance as far as i'm concerned.

Cam Barker
Wojtek Wolski
A.J. Thelen
Wes O'Neil

I'm under the impression that they will draft in that order with whichever player is gone from the boards the next available. Which most likely makes it Wolski, unless he doesn't get past Florida. Thelen is the next logical choice, then Wes O'Neil.

However, aside from the Carolina pick I could forsee the rest of it possibly going down. Good mock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->