Guess a player through scouting report(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Post scouting report, year, and team.

** = Player name.

"** had his share of injuries that drastically lowered his stock, but if he will ever get healthy, the kid could be potentially play on the second line. He's a gritty, physical power forward who is aware defensively and not afraid to play in the trenches. Last year, after coming back from an injury, his performance was nothing short of spectacular. In only 16 games, ** scored 13 goals, assisted on 22 others and compiled a +18 rating. This season was a year of adjustment for ** and he's showing that he's more than capable of playing the pro game."

Year: 1997.
Team: Habs

Safir*

Carl O'Steen said:
Post scouting report, year, and team.

** = Player name.

"** had his share of injuries that drastically lowered his stock, but if he will ever get healthy, the kid could be potentially play on the second line. He's a gritty, physical power forward who is aware defensively and not afraid to play in the trenches. Last year, after coming back from an injury, his performance was nothing short of spectacular. In only 16 games, ** scored 13 goals, assisted on 22 others and compiled a +18 rating. This season was a year of adjustment for ** and he's showing that he's more than capable of playing the pro game."

Year: 1997.
Team: Habs
LW Terry Ryan

Team: Red Deer (WHL)
Size: 6-2 200 pounds
Drafted: 1/95

Ryan had his share of injuries that drastically lowered his stock, but if he will ever get healthy, the kid could be potentially play on the second line. He's a gritty, physical power forward who is aware defensively and not afraid to play in the trenches. Last year, after coming back from an injury, his performance was nothing short of spectacular. In only 16 games, Terry scored 13 goals, assisted on 22 others and compiled a +18 rating. This season was a year of adjustment for Ryan and he's showing that he's more than capable of playing the pro game.

leafaholix*

There are some brutal projections out there... analyzing talent is one thing... but projections often make you look like a fool.

AH

Nov 21, 2004
Woodbridge, ON
Carl O'Steen said:
There are some brutal projections out there... analyzing talent is one thing... but projections often make you look like a fool.

Do you have a life or is the point of your life to obsess over Habs draftees, past and present? Even before opening this thread, I just knew it was a former Habs player.

Good Lord, get over it man.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
How about this one...

"Many point to ****'s jump from 35th in mid-term Central Scouting ranks to 14th as proof the Leafs got a steal in the **** centre."

Year: 1999
Team: Toronto

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Mr Bugg said:
Both wrong.

You guys don't remember Luca Cereda?
I guessed him right away. I expected a diss to Antro or Steen, as centre. But I remember the 1999 draft because we got Cereda and i believe the isles have 4 first round picks.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
My scouting report...

***** is considered to be the comings of the next great one, and was drafted by Ottawa.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Carl O'Steen said:

Ryan should have been a player. I don't fully understand what went wrong there.

I still remember the goal he scored at the 1995 CHL All-star game - got the puck in the neutral zone, split the defense in the most impressive, powerful way imaginable, broke in on goal, and buried the puck. One of the most impressive goals I've ever seen from a 17 y/o. Had everything you'd want in a top-notch NHL power forward - big, tough, hella soft hands, big shot, great hockey sense and feel for the game offensively. In 1995, he was well ahead of Shane Doan and Jarome Iginla in terms of development. His skating wasn't nearly as bad as people have made it out to be in hindsight.

From what I can gather, the offseason dedication required to be a quality pro just wasn't there, and his conditioning was well below par. Toss in several concussions, blown confidence, and the skating issue and he fell off the face of the earth. It's easy to say in hindsight that projections on Ryan were ridiculous. Watching him in jr, though, there was nothing to indicate he'd be anything other than a quality pro - he was one of the best junior PFs I've ever seen. 35 points in 16 games his last year of junior. But after that he just seemed to get worse every year. Incredible waste of talent.

CH Wizard

Guess who? ''is an excellent puck-handler, with above-average speed. What sets him apart from other players is his ability to handle the puck at top speed. He has good hockey sense, although like most players his age he needs to work on playing without the puck.
He is also blessed with a quick release and heavy shot.''

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Great One said:
Guess who? ''is an excellent puck-handler, with above-average speed. What sets him apart from other players is his ability to handle the puck at top speed. He has good hockey sense, although like most players his age he needs to work on playing without the puck.

About half the players described on draft day by any given team's chief scout. But you forgot the ending. "We were just surprised that he was there when we drafted.'

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
The Great One said:

Kostitsyn...

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
andora said:
you'd think it'd be bochenski or havlat with what goes on around here

I'm not sure that anybody on the Ottawa board has Bochenski pegged above 2nd/3rd liner. So I don't know where that came from.
Havlat is the most entertaining/exciting player on our team and maybe our division too. That doesn't always lead to results, but could you forgive people who think otherwise?

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
My Fav Prospect...

' Is constantly compared to Nik Antropov, but some say he has a little Dany Heatley in him ' :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->