Guelph Storm 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Deep respect for the Storm organization. I sure miss Steve Fitzsimmons on the telecast. Hard to criticize volunteers or low paid individuals but you have to watch Storm home games on mute these days.
Listen to Larry Mellott on CJOY (radio) you can stream it.

It's so important for Guelph to get that 5th spot, from a matchup perspective. Tuesday will help as a barometer as well. I'm actually glad Guelph is ending the season with such a hard schedule - it means that everyone should be at the top of their game as this is who you could see in the playoffs.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Deep respect for the Storm organization. I sure miss Steve Fitzsimmons on the telecast. Hard to criticize volunteers or low paid individuals but you have to watch Storm home games on mute these days.
kitchener is worse. its screaming over and over.

Listen to Larry Mellott on CJOY (radio) you can stream it.

It's so important for Guelph to get that 5th spot, from a matchup perspective. Tuesday will help as a barometer as well. I'm actually glad Guelph is ending the season with such a hard schedule - it means that everyone should be at the top of their game as this is who you could see in the playoffs.
i may prefer the soo to be honest.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
kitchener is worse. its screaming over and over.

i may prefer the soo to be honest.

They have definitely matched up well against the Soo. A part of me loves the Kitchener/Guelph series' though for the proximity and rivalry. I've also noticed that Slavik has been getting the starts vs. Kitchener, which is interesting to me as they have been going with Gillespie so much.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
They have definitely matched up well against the Soo. A part of me loves the Kitchener/Guelph series' though for the proximity and rivalry. I've also noticed that Slavik has been getting the starts vs. Kitchener, which is interesting to me as they have been going with Gillespie so much.
they went to him way to much early, he has fallen off, wonder if hes tired

Reactions: StormWatcher

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Alriksson has been playing great as of late, using his body well along the boards and to keep possession entering the zone. I love that Max is back at centre. With the return of a couple of forwards Tuesday I hope the lines shake out something like this:

Karabela/Luchanko/Bowman
Alriksson/Namestnikov/Paquette
Crane/McGuire/Serlin
Grundner/Snelgrove/Veccia
McFadden (rotate him into the 4th line)

This looks like a good compliment.

I'm happy that there are now more options on the back end.
I like what I'm seeing of Beauschesne, Allen is getting better each game since his return.
All hail Buchinger. With the return of the vets, there will be less pressure/risk of getting
exposed for Singh - I think he'll be a really good defenseman in the league but he's had way
more ice than is ideal for a 16 year old 3rd rounder.

Reactions: Living Vicariously

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Alriksson has been playing great as of late, using his body well along the boards and to keep possession entering the zone. I love that Max is back at centre. With the return of a couple of forwards Tuesday I hope the lines shake out something like this:

Karabela/Luchanko/Bowman
Alriksson/Namestnikov/Paquette
Crane/McGuire/Serlin
Grundner/Snelgrove/Veccia
McFadden (rotate him into the 4th line)

This looks like a good compliment.

I'm happy that there are now more options on the back end.
I like what I'm seeing of Beauschesne, Allen is getting better each game since his return.
All hail Buchinger. With the return of the vets, there will be less pressure/risk of getting
exposed for Singh - I think he'll be a really good defenseman in the league but he's had way
more ice than is ideal for a 16 year old 3rd rounder.
Laughed yesterday when Max was interviewed. Believe he was talking about Grundner. Said he plays like a real prick out there. Other players are afraid of him. 🤣

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
..or Rangers broadcasts, bobber? ;) Although I do agree with Fergie....Guelph guys are screecher creatures.(as my wife calls Celine Dion)
That's why we have a volume button. I have muted all of them at times. Home team or away. If they refuse to acknowledge or ignore the away team and their effort its hard to listen to. A lot of Knight fans complain about those two also. I do like the Soo and Spitfire broadcasts. Some are young volunteers that are trying to make a career out of media.

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
That's why we have a volume button. I have muted all of them at times. Home team or away. If they refuse to acknowledge or ignore the away team and their effort its hard to listen to. A lot of Knight fans complain about those two also. I do like the Soo and Spitfire broadcasts. Some are young volunteers that are trying to make a career out of media.
That’s funny. The knights fans complain about other announcers, yet theirs are the ultimate homers. And I’m listening to Furfaro right now - lmfao. I don’t hear Guelph’s as I’m always at the games and not watching on TV, so I always get the host team biased call. Can we all just agree that the southern Ontario announcers haven’t learned how to announce a game with no bias whatsoever? Although Bobber - I agree with you about Windsor this year - but I’ve heard them in a more competitive year and they were equally unbearable. For my money, Peterborough is one of the best I’ve heard.

Reactions: bobber

MidwestStorm

Oct 9, 2023
Believe Slavik now 3 and 0 vrs the Rangers

In Fla so didn't see the game but sounds like the Rangers are p----d with the Storm physical play. Had to listen to 570 at the end to hear the whining about Burchell and how he beat them.

Reactions: Living Vicariously

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
Trying to buy tickets to tonight's game and nowhere on the site does it allow you to put in your credit card information to actually purchase the tickets.

DCruickshank

Jan 8, 2022
That’s funny. The knights fans complain about other announcers, yet theirs are the ultimate homers. And I’m listening to Furfaro right now - lmfao. I don’t hear Guelph’s as I’m always at the games and not watching on TV, so I always get the host team biased call. Can we all just agree that the southern Ontario announcers haven’t learned how to announce a game with no bias whatsoever? Although Bobber - I agree with you about Windsor this year - but I’ve heard them in a more competitive year and they were equally unbearable. For my money, Peterborough is one of the best I’ve heard.
Best pxp in the league is Mark McKelvie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad