Guelph Storm 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
what was that tonight./. .. on defence ....why no call ups ... when a playoff position to be determined ..?..

jmkrangers

Aug 28, 2012
It's always bothered me that so many people in Canada care about the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament but the average person seems to know a lot less about the (far superior) CHL Playoffs and Memorial Cup (obviously this is because of the dramatic single-elimination bracket format of March Madness and all the media attention it gets). I've always thought it would be fun though to fill out some sort of CHL playoff bracket but since I've never really found a good way to do it online, I decided to try creating my own for this year. Although it's a bit complicated and not the most user-friendly, there's step-by-step instructions on the website that should help. So if want to give it a try go to: memorialcupbracket.weebly.com

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
TOTAL (FINAL)
battfan88817
RCS44
Stormfan8738
TrueBlueStorm43
Stormdude44
StorminNorman45
geo10538
noobie111
Chico Maki47
Stormforthewin21
StormWatcher38
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

The standings, as I believe them to be.

Congrats Chico, despite some strong finishes from GEO, and TRUEBLUE)

Here's to next year.

Stormdude

Jan 20, 2016
Congratulations Chico Maki for winning this pool! And thank you to RCS for running it.
It was a blast participating this year.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
ummmm ... anybody know what position that guy #6 plays?.... net negative?..might make a Marner type forward some day.. if magmt had hafa brain..

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
I don’t think this coach is up for such experiments.
the evidence seems pretty much IN .. that whatever this stiff necked admin is doing has produced a flat brew... they have basic issues unresolved like ... DO I put ze rrround peg in ze rrrround hole ?..the deeper we get into ze issue..it merely confirms my Merley observations..at the bottom line.. when its all on the table for the taking... this table won't carry the weight; as its presently designed.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
I know that this team only has 16 players right now but I wish they would just bench Merkley. He has always been a detriment to this team. He is a lazy, self absorbed player who has never been nor will ever be a team player. He is all about himself. If he's not the star player, the centre of attention then he pouts. He reminds me of a 2 year old taking a temper tantrum when things don't go his way. I'm sorry but I think the best thing for this team is to just move him on. Please don't say he's just a teenager trying to find his way, at this stage he knows what's expected of him, and how to get it done. Pardon the pun but he can't just expect to skate through life getting what he wants off a silver platter.

Reactions: storm surge

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
Its like every time Merkley is on the ice Guelph is in a special teams situation- on the rare occasions he is good its like we have a power play man advantage, but unfortunately most of the time its like we are on the penalty kill down a man. Whoever is partnered with him on defence has to play like he's not there, because often he isn't.
But to suggest anything can change at this stage of the year, or for playoffs, is wishful thinking.

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
I know that this team only has 16 players right now but I wish they would just bench Merkley. He has always been a detriment to this team. He is a lazy, self absorbed player who has never been nor will ever be a team player. He is all about himself. If he's not the star player, the centre of attention then he pouts. He reminds me of a 2 year old taking a temper tantrum when things don't go his way. I'm sorry but I think the best thing for this team is to just move him on. Please don't say he's just a teenager trying to find his way, at this stage he knows what's expected of him, and how to get it done. Pardon the pun but he can't just expect to skate through life getting what he wants off a silver platter.
he could be like a Marner(not a D).....but hasn't the game ..Heart... to be a D.

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
Its like every time Merkley is on the ice Guelph is in a special teams situation- on the rare occasions he is good its like we have a power play man advantage, but unfortunately most of the time its like we are on the penalty kill down a man. Whoever is partnered with him on defence has to play like he's not there, because often he isn't.
But to suggest anything can change at this stage of the year, or for playoffs, is wishful thinking.
then lets focus on the draft and next year

storm surge

Dec 5, 2017
yet; they keep starting him on the opening face-off line... wusup with that..he shouldn't be un toucheable..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->