Guelph Storm 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
The verdict is in!

CHICO IS CHAMPION IN A ROMP!

Congrats!! Please PM me for your choice of a $10 gift card!

FINAL STANDINGS

TOTAL

RCS 49
noobie1 35
StorminNorman 50
ChicoMaki 60
Stormforthewin 38
StormWatcher 43
battfan888 15
stormfan87 30

See you all around draft time!

StormFan87

Dec 19, 2014
Anyone wanna try and predict who the Storm take for 2nd pick? Suzuki, Beruzzi, anyone else? ? Also i haven't seen any mock drafts for 2nd round so anyone know who people are picking to go pick first pick in the second round to Guelph?

the dog

May 16, 2014
Anyone wanna try and predict who the Storm take for 2nd pick? Suzuki, Beruzzi, anyone else? ? Also i haven't seen any mock drafts for 2nd round so anyone know who people are picking to go pick first pick in the second round to Guelph?
2nd round maybe billy constantinou def tor marlboros

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT

I'm not sure about names, but I bet there is like a 95% chance it will be a defenceman.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
2nd?

...BattButler chooses 3rd....says forward for sure...needs scoring...if he will come may be Suzuki....hope you are right..Storm go with D..

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
McEwan, McFadden and Rhodes. If none of these guys turn pro or go on to University I would think the Storm would have one of the strongest overage groups in the league.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
McEwan, McFadden and Rhodes. If none of these guys turn pro or go on to University I would think the Storm would have one of the strongest overage groups in the league.

It will be a real solid group. Rhodes really transformed over the final part of the season into a good steady defenceman.

StormFan87

Dec 19, 2014
Just read this from Paul Osborne article.

" Kelly says the team is still in discussion with 2015 draft pick, defenceman David Farrance, who is finishing his second season with the USNTDP, and last year’s second-round pick, centre Cameron Hillis "

Any thoughts on if Farrance might come? He would be a solid add to the back end with McFadden gone after next year and Rhodes!!

I have a feeling he comes!!

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Just read this from Paul Osborne article.

" Kelly says the team is still in discussion with 2015 draft pick, defenceman David Farrance, who is finishing his second season with the USNTDP, and last year’s second-round pick, centre Cameron Hillis "

Any thoughts on if Farrance might come? He would be a solid add to the back end with McFadden gone after next year and Rhodes!!

I have a feeling he comes!!

I feel like it was mentioned earlier in the year that this was a possibility. So I guess that's a good thing hearing it more then once.

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
A STD told me the Storm parted ways with McEwan. Is that a fact?

:amazed:

Seriously though, to your question, he was at the Hometown Hockey celebration on Sunday representing the Storm and signing autographs etc.

It seems unlikely, but with this group, who knows.

Any chance we'll know who the new GM is before Saturday?

Molson Muscle

May 27, 2007
I think that the possibility of Farrance and Hillis reporting will hinge on who assumes the General Manager's responsibilities. I have heard in the past that the Cameron Hillis situation may be similar to Meireles in Kitchener. Family wanted another year before deciding appropriate path for him.

I would say that if they reported on top of this years draft class and signing of other previously drafted players there will be a different looking line up come September.

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
Pretty disappointing that Hughes is going the USNTDP route, does Guelph take the gamble and pick him anyway?

Molson Muscle

May 27, 2007
Pretty disappointing that Hughes is going the USNTDP route, does Guelph take the gamble and pick him anyway?

If they picked him it would not be a gamble. They would know he is willing to report......Highly unlikely!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->