41 Frenks Razgals - 87 Gints Meija - 10 Rihards Bukarts
89 Nikita Jevpalovs

Scratched:
G 35 Matiss Kivlenieks

Last edited:

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
This is a must win game for Latvia, and they will. Latvia is a much better team than South Korea.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
New lines:
Redlihs - Dzerins - Indrasis
Balcers - Abols - Kenins
Ro. Bukarts - Jevpalovs - Karsums
Razgals - Meija - Ri. Bukarts

The lines are tailored with the thought of Korea in mind. So Pavlovs has been benched since he adds nothing offensively.

I like the way it looks, 3 decent offensive lines and a 4th line with a lot of size and energy.

Merzlikins should be in goal.

No doubt we're going to take this game very seriously. We even rested our top players against Finland. Anything other than 3 points is going to be a massive upset and Hartley will probably have to go if we lose this one.

A little fun fact, the last time we played Korea in the 90s, we beat them 27:0, which still is their biggest recorded loss in history.

Reactions: Valdemar

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
New lines:
Redlihs - Dzerins - Indrasis
Balcers - Abols - Kenins
Ro. Bukarts - Jevpalovs - Karsums
Razgals - Meija - Ri. Bukarts

The lines are tailored with the thought of Korea in mind. So Pavlovs has been benched since he adds nothing offensively.

I like the way it looks, 3 decent offensive lines and a 4th line with a lot of size and energy.

Merzlikins should be in goal.

No doubt we're going to take this game very seriously. We even rested our top players against Finland. Anything other than 3 points is going to be a massive upset and Hartley will probably have to go if we lose this one.

A little fun fact, the last time we played Korea in the 90s, we beat them 27:0, which still is their biggest recorded loss in history.

Aren't they in a must-win situation, though? They would probably put their best players in the lineup, if that's the case.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Aren't they in a must-win situation, though? They would probably put their best players in the lineup, if that's the case.
I'm not sure what's your point.

We have puck retention guys, guys who are there to kill the puck on our roster. They serve no purpose against a team like Korea. All of our lines are more skilled than theirs. We need to maximize our offensive potential instead, so we could score more goals.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I'm not sure what's your point.

We have puck retention guys, guys who are there to kill the puck on our roster. They serve no purpose against a team like Korea. All of our lines are more skilled than theirs. We need to maximize our offensive potential instead, so we could score more goals.

My point is that they should put their best lineup, if they want to win against Korea, since it's a must-win situation. I mean, if you get too complacent, who knows if a miracle will happen?

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
However, I think Korea will score some goals. Probably a 4-2 or a 5-3 win for Latvia.
According to bookies, the likelihood of them scoring 2 or more goals is about 40%. 60% they score 0 to 1 goals.

It's probably going to be something like 4-1 or 5-1.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
I predict this game is going to be a lot closer than it should be, 4-2 with us struggling to score on our chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad