GDT: Group B - May 7 - Canada vs Denmark

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I didn't make the rule, apparently we have to win 5-1 and mcdcvid has to have 2g2a or he sucks

I mean... Can Canada win with more than 5 or that doesn't count? Because he doesn't have 2g2a?

Man, someone should make this rules with more details...

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
These games are so pointless. It feels that the gap between NHL and Euro leagues has widened in the last few years.
Yes, with modern rules teams with superior skating and speed have huge advantage.

But another problem is that this games really decide nothing for both teams.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I can't find any words that would make this situation better. Look at him, it's just awful how unimpressive he is.
Looks about as impressive as a prime Daigle.
Y? Does he turn into a pumpkin?
Speaking of Daigle, no... he turns into Alexandre Daigle's home made strawberry rhubarb pie.

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
These games are so pointless. It feels that the gap between NHL and Euro leagues has widened in the last few years.

These WC tournaments are just too blown up these days with too many teams. Hockey is not soccer where 20 nations could beat the #1 team in the world on a given night. The difference between the top teams and, say a #12 team in the world, is just huge in hockey. Besides, the NHL changed its style dramatically over the last years. Gone are the grinders of old, now almost anybody can skate like the wind and stickhandle really well. The NHL style works really well on large ice surfaces and the results show it.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I always enjoy these tournaments. That said there are always blow outs during them, just the nature of the beast is all.

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Agree with Ehlers Senior.. Denmark does not play smart.. play Like headless Chickens..

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
A 1st should be enough for a team to take on that contract

I don't know. Look at him, he can't even score. And this is a huge contract. Who would have thought Oilers will regret re-signing him even before his new contract kicks in!

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
McDavid better have himself a dominate performance, otherwise I'm going to have to start being a little (or a lot) critical of the way he plays at this tournament.

If he doesn't pot 2 goals and 2 assists powering Canada to a at minimum 5-1 win, then the gloves will come off. You people can waste your time all you want with Darnell Nurse...but winning and losing doesn't rest on Darnell's shoulders.
Aho>McDavid confirmed

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
These WC tournaments are just too blown up these days with too many teams. Hockey is not soccer where 20 nations could beat the #1 team in the world on a given night. The difference between the top teams and, say a #12 team in the world, is just huge in hockey. Besides, the NHL changed its style dramatically over the last years. Gone are the grinders of old, now almost anybody can skate like the wind and stickhandle really well. The NHL style works really well on large ice surfaces and the results show it.
Yeah the speed and pace of the game have increased notably in the NHL in the past few years. The young players all skate so damn well. IMO that is really showing in this tournament. The weaker teams aren't equipped at all to deal with that - it's problematic enough for most NHL defences.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Yeah the speed and pace of the game have increased notably in the NHL in the past few years. The young players all skate so damn well. IMO that is really showing in this tournament. The weaker teams aren't equipped at all to deal with that - it's problematic enough for most NHL defences.

Seems like a wishful thinking more than a good argument. I mean, how does "NHL greatness" explain Russia's 20-0 trashing of France, Austria and Belarus, or Finland's destruction of Latvia 8-1. Finland and espescially Russia are mostly comprised of european-based players.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Coming out of this one, I can only feel bitter disappointment at what McDavid failed to achieve.

Ship this guy out of town!

conor-mcdavid-airport-photo-fans.jpg

Reactions: Instant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->