GDT: Group B - May 5 - Finland vs Korea

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
More likely it was more experience from the WHC level.

Actually I got Juolevi ahead of Pokka but the experience of Pokka ties it and then the Kärppä background got him selected. It's understandable Marjamäki chose him.

Reactions: Ippenator

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
It was too easy really. Aho & TT were simply unreal. From the bootom lines I liked Maenalanen's effort. Pesonen had a nice game as well. The rest of Team Finland played just fine, with exception of Pokka who was way too sloppy at times. Rantanen looked kinda disconcentrated in first ten minutes or so.
Good game overall but Korea is definitely the weakest opponent in the group.

Yeah, they were bad. Dalton was their best player.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Actually I got Juolevi ahead of Pokka but the experience of Pokka ties it and then the Kärppä background got him selected. It's understandable Marjamäki chose him.
I didn't have Juolevi outplaying Pokka. Pokka did fine during the camp, and was pretty much a lock even before entering the final weekend, when it was clear there wouldn't all that many names coming in from the outside.

Now, if there's an argument to be made, it's Koivisto over Juolevi. Koivisto was to the Olympics, yes, but his performance there was exactly nothing that would have made him a NT staple. I suspect this choice was affected by familiarity with Marjamäki and perhaps Manner pumping his tires.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I didn't have Juolevi outplaying Pokka. Pokka did fine during the camp, and was pretty much a lock even before entering the final weekend, when it was clear there wouldn't all that many names coming in from the outside.

Now, if there's an argument to be made, it's Koivisto over Juolevi. Koivisto was to the Olympics, yes, but his performance there was exactly nothing that would have made him a NT staple. I suspect this choice was affected by familiarity with Marjamäki and perhaps Manner pumping his tires.

Yeah, Juolevi has been struggling as of lately.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I would have had Jokiharju even ahead of Juolevi, but Juolevi after him for sure. They both are clearly better than Pokka

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
RS3 ftw. I stopped playing because it wasn't fun anymore as playing went from being fun being like a job I just have to do.
Yeah I had the same reason for quitting osrs. On the topic would love to see another d tried in pp combinations before elimination games Pokka wasnt really that impressive today

Reactions: FinPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad