GDT: Group B - May 15 - Latvia vs Denmark

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
One thing ive noticed is that Hartley has really drilled our guys to keep the sticks on ice when on defence. That has prevented many Danish entries into the zone
That's a good catch. I dodn't notice it, but now that you've said it it makes perfect sense.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
while our PP was not very good, we seemed very confident there, maybe even too much

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Why do I Think Latvia play so boring hockey? Maybe because we are losing

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Latvia will let Denmark cycle the puck in the O-zone all day. Denmark keeps trying to pass into the zone, which is stupid and won't work.

Denmark needs to use a double-screen, and shoot for the rebound unless there's space. It also doesn't help that they usually need numbers to win along the boards.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
It was an OK 1st period overall. Their top line dominated, but we were the better team and generated several decent chances. Too bad it's not 2-0.

They're probably going to make some adjustments and improve their game a bit, though. We need to stay at the top of our game. And let's not get cocky.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
Latvia will let Denmark cycle the puck in the O-zone all day. Denmark keeps trying to pass into the zone, which is stupid and won't work.

Denmark needs to use a double-screen, and shoot for the rebound unless there's space. It also doesn't help that they usually need numbers to win along the boards.

...also to mention that Denmark isn't as superior in battling the boards as Germans and Canadians were against Latvia

yeshuah

May 14, 2018
Denmark needs to get some more shots on goal with 1-2 guys in front of net for screens / redirections / rebounds.

Cycling for an open pass isn't working

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It was an OK 1st period overall. Their top line dominated, but we were the better team and generated several decent chances. Too bad it's not 2-0.

They're probably going to make some adjustments and improve their game a bit, though. We need to stay at the top of our game. And let's not get cocky.

Bļugers had a perfect opportunity to make it 2:0. Indrašis also had a half-decent chance on PP

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
We finally found a team as soft as us! :laugh:
Lmao ya'll ain't soft.

I thought Russell had a good first period. At least he had the right idea. Everyone kept trying to make the extra pass RIGHT INTO the zone to hit the trailer, where he would put the puck on net and try to let the trailer to crash the net, but Merzlikins is better and hasn't given any rebounds.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
Which is weird since he had such a good season. I blame Dinamo, thankfully hes out of that ****hole.
maybe playing with Redlihs and Dzerins he does not feel comfortable enough to score, since to me he seems to be doing the right things?:dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->