GDT: Group B - May 15 - Finland vs USA

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
I`d rather face Russia or Czechs than the Swiss. The only team I`m actually afraid we cant beat are Sweden. Swizerland can really **** us up if we go with a 50% effort again, as we did against Denmark and Germany.
The fact that we didn't have much rest after the Canada game really screwed us against Germany. Combine that with Tolvanen scoring a few mins in didn't help. Maybe it's better for us to go down 1-0 against Switzerland? :sarcasm:

With some rest after the Germany game, we really came in ready vs USA.
Since the QF is not until Thursday, we should be good. I really doubt we will underestimate Le Suisse, and after that, there shouldn't be anymore "lesser" teams in the tournament.

Also, I know this sounds pretty bold, but I believe that Denmark can upset Sweden in the qf. But first they have to beat Latvia :)

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Apparently a big hit on Patrick Kane, but the replay is nowhere.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Swiss and Danes are really horrible opponents for us. You controll puck & game and get bit relaxed, then they score and then you cant score back to save your life. Id rather face any country, including Sweden, Canada, Russia, USA rather than Denmark or Swiss.

Reactions: Mestaruus

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Swiss and Danes are really horrible opponents for us. You controll puck & game and get bit relaxed, then they score and then you cant score back to save your life. Id rather face any country, including Sweden, Canada, Russia, USA rather than Denmark or Swiss.
Luckily the Swiss goaltender doesn't have a great track record. Andersen was on fire when we played against them and the same happened with the German goalie.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Okay. Great and everything. Not surprised anymore about anything with this Team.

It makes no sense.

Aho/TT makes sense.

Maybe better if just skipping the rest of the tournament. All this thrill... and heat, too much stress! ;)

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
Team USA has everything it takes to win this tournament but being such sore loosers and delibirately trying to injure opponents when the game is pretty much over is pathetic. Like OJ said , those f**ks would never pull that kind of crap in the NHL !

ManWithNoName

Unregistered User
Jul 9, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Team USA has everything it takes to win this tournament but being such sore loosers and delibirately trying to injure opponents when the game is pretty much over is pathetic. Like OJ said , those f**ks would never pull that kind of crap in the NHL !

Didn't see the game, but I can't say I'm surprised. Both US and Canada pull this shit whenever they loose. We've had our fair share of this in Sweden during the years as well. Although whenever they play like this you know you've won since all their energy is wasted on shit like this.

Reactions: Ippenator

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Not sure. I got a feeling that he is.
It was posted earlier in this thread that Juti and Hantta Virta had +16 in some tournaments, so Aho is not yet there. But if Finland will manage to get gold, it might very well be that he makes a new Finnish record in the +/- stat.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Going into the elimination games this tournament is wide open, between the Swedes, Finns, Canadians, Russians, Czechs, US, and even the Swiss, I could see any team making a run.

My feeling about semifinalists. I got this weird feeling that Switzerland will upset Finland so that's the one I'm least sure about, I'm 51% Finland - Switzerland 49% on that:

Sweden
Czech
Russia
Finland

Canada has the best roster but goalie problems are too big. Czech is just way too underrated and with those late NHL additions they seem good and they already beat RUS so...

Gold goes to Sweden.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->