GDT: Group B - May 15 - Finland vs USA

mosare

Dec 19, 2013
Yes, silver medal when the whc was held in Helsinki/Turku. I don't remember the year, it was quite a long time ago.
The scouts from USA/Canada brought Josi after this championship in the NHL and if I remember correctly also Niederreiter the teammate of Granlund in the NHL.

That's not correct! Josi play with Nashville since 2010. The swiss won the silver medal on 2013, 5 years ago. I think switzerland-finland will be a very close game. Swiss has maybe the best team they ever had, with Fiala,Josi, Niederreiter, Meier, Andrighetto, Mueller and so on. All of them are at least second line NHLer. Maybe the goaltender could be better on the swiss side.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
That's not correct! Josi play with Nashville since 2010. The swiss won the silver medal on 2013, 5 years ago. I think switzerland-finland will be a very close game. Swiss has maybe the best team they ever had, with Fiala,Josi, Niederreiter, Meier, Andrighetto, Mueller and so on. Maybe the goaltender could be better on the swiss side.

Will be a one goal game. SUI is the clear favorite here ;). Let the games begin!

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
That's not correct! Josi play with Nashville since 2010. The swiss won the silver medal on 2013, 5 years ago. I think switzerland-finland will be a very close game. Swiss has maybe the best team they ever had, with Fiala,Josi, Niederreiter, Meier, Andrighetto, Mueller and so on. All of them are at least second line NHLer. Maybe the goaltender could be better on the swiss side.

Ok thnks for the correction. I had always in mind Switzerland won the silver medal in a championship held in Finland. Concerning the game I think you are right, it could be a very nice and interesting game, no clear favorit in my opinion too.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Yes, silver medal when the whc was held in Helsinki/Turku. I don't remember the year, it was quite a long time ago.
The scouts from USA/Canada brought Josi after this championship in the NHL and if I remember correctly also Niederreiter the teammate of Granlund in the NHL.

Nino is a stud.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
The +/- of Kane compared to Aho... Pretty funny.

RX8NUTt.jpg

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
kinda shitty with this points system. The team that won 6 times in this tournament is second to the team that only won 5 games.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
kinda ****ty with this points system. The team that won 6 times in this tournament is second to the team that only won 5 games.

Finland would have won 6 or 7 games if the point system were different. They just did minimum they had to. No point to take pointless points.

The Great Dame

Goose will be loose
Jan 3, 2008
NJ
Yikes. Brutal performance from Kinkaid, very discouraging going into the elimination games. (Very glad I forgot this game was at 6:15 :laugh:)That being said, nothing wrong with losing to the Finns in the prelims.

Going into the elimination games this tournament is wide open, between the Swedes, Finns, Canadians, Russians, Czechs, US, and even the Swiss, I could see any team making a run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad