GDT: Group B - May 12 - Latvia vs Germany

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
So if you're short, screw your brain matter? What sort of nonsense is this?

Coming from a short person playing a sport resembling hockey (floorball), absolutely not. What I am talking about is the amount of times I have had contact w head purely because the opponent is a lot taller and, well, sucks to be a midget (incl contact w elbow and shoulder); and then there are cases of intentional head shot. The former takes 90% of the share. I am absolutely not victim-blaming here, but my post was about on-ice awareness and intentions not ''screw brain matter''.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
when we play on high speed (do I dare to say individual?) hockey we are a little better than Germany while when the game gets physical Germans are better.
overall weaker period for Latvia than 1st, but it is 1-0 and I'll take it. :D

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
when we play on high speed (do I dare to say individual?) hockey we are a little better than Germany while when the game gets physical Germans are better.
overall weaker period for Latvia than 1st, but it is 1-0 and I'll take it. :D

Yep. Our team is physically weak as shit. Especially with no Karsums.

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
He’s the fastest guy out there in every Latvian game.He’s literally flying all over the place, like he has jet skates. His speed is around 50+ KM/H while German or US players were going max 35
+1

Just about what you would expect from the guy. High intensity, physical play and all around pleasure to watch.

Denmark999

May 16, 2016
The refs are terrible. No penalty to Draisaitl was the right call not 2+10. Then you have Kahun how got tripped and Holzer was high sticked

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
That's exactly how hockey works, you **** up a 2 on 0 and suck up a goal in return. Meh.
Latvia executed this play really well, though.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
The refs are terrible. No penalty to Draisaitl was the right call not 2+10. Then you have Kahun how got tripped and Holzer was high sticked

It was tough to tell from the replay whether the stick hit him (not that it wasn't way up high), unless I missed smth. From the angle we saw it could have as easily been embellishment as 2mins.

Drai 2+10 was undeniably bs call, tho.

Arthur

Jun 8, 2012
Agree on Draisatl, but Holzer hit himself with his own stick (little help was necessary though :naughty:)

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
...also I do not think German defenders are that good with puck, at least in this game, as they are loosing puck pretty often to our forwards.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
I think we must keep plying wider, it will give us more opportunities like this

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
We need to score as many goals as possible here, even if they’re bad ones, you never know what will happen when Germans will enter beast mode

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad