GDT: Group B - May 12 - Canada vs Finland

Ducks76

Oct 15, 2017
Yes. Grönborg has at least won something and he gets NHL players to come to WHC. Marjamäki has won nothing and his record against big countries is awful.
Why the finnish hockey association don t fire him after olympics?

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
download.jpg

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Lol if he would've been fired, it should have been after the olympics. It was just stupid to give him this tournament.
May not have been the easiest thing to do in the logistical sense. J.Jalonen would probably have declined to take over earlier than agreed, given how he still had his previous job. And if they get someone to run this one tournament, they either get some washout and everybody begins to wonder why they couldn't just let Marjamäki run out his contract, or they get someone who does great - and that would have meant the first moment Jalonen stumbles at something (and there will be rough patches, even with him), people would start yelling, "bring X back, he did great!"

Reactions: FinPanda

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
May not have been the easiest thing to do in the logistical sense. J.Jalonen would probably have declined to take over earlier than agreed, given how he still had his previous job. And if they get someone to run this one tournament, they either get some washout and everybody begins to wonder why they couldn't just let Marjamäki run out his contract, or they get someone who does great - and that would have meant the first moment Jalonen stumbles at something (and there will be rough patches, even with him), people would start yelling, "bring X back, he did great!"
Good points, I agree.

BL92

Double Gold
May 22, 2016
Finland
Just play solid and don't get the shit beaten out of you, that's all I ask. Every game against bigger opponents, especially NA with Marjamäki is always a nightmare.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
My my, hey hey, ice hockey is here to stay. It's better to win out than to lose away. My my he hey, out of the blue and into the white, they give their all and you thank for that. And once you'r gone you can always come back, when you are out of the blue and into the white, my my, hey hey, Lions Will is here to stay. It's better to win out than lose away. My my, hey hey, out of the blue and into the white (they giver their all and you thank for that).

Last edited:
Reactions: Mestaruus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad