GDT: Group B - May 11 - USA vs Korea

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Didn't catch who they were playing on the broadcast but the record at the top division of the worlds was said to be on the broadcast as the Netherlands beating somebody 17-something (I think 1, but don't quote me on this).
Wait what?

The Netherlands best someone 17-1 at the elite level?

And this was in modern times?

Quonis

Jan 3, 2015
Copenhagen
Don't know about modern times, but the biggest win ever at the World Championships is still Canada-Denmark 47-0 back in 1949. Denmark's first time at that level, and also our only, until our current stint started in 2003. I have no idea, how we made it to the 1949 edition...

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Don't know about modern times, but the biggest win ever at the World Championships is still Canada-Denmark 47-0 back in 1949. Denmark's first time at that level, and also our only, until our current stint started in 2003. I have no idea, how we made it to the 1949 edition...

I bet that Danish team would still beat South Korea

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
“USA earns a 13-1 victory over South Korea for its fifth straight win at Worlds. The last time Team USA won its first five games at the Men's World Championship was 1933, going 5-0-0 as they won their first and only gold at the event.‘

They used wood chips for pucks back then.

Reactions: JungleBeat

Quonis

Jan 3, 2015
Copenhagen
Speaking of brutal GF/GA ratios, Denmarks participation at that 1949 World Championships ended at 1-72. We played 2 (two!) games.

Edit: That was the main group phase. The consolation round was much better. 3-18 after another 3 games.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Speaking of brutal GF/GA ratios, Denmarks participation at that 1949 World Championships ended at 1-72. We played 2 (two!) games.
Actually, Denmark also played a game against Belgium in the consolation round which was much more even already, they only lost 8:3. They were also supposed to face Finland and Norway but it seems like the Danes had had enough after those three games.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

Wow. I guess it was "you show up, you are in". Those Canadians are merciless...

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Actually, Denmark also played a game against Belgium in the consolation round which was a lot more even already, they only lost 8:3. They were also supposed to face Finland and Norway but it seems like the Danes had had enough after those three games.

Belgium used to play hockey? Holy hell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->