Scratched:
G 38 Henrik Holm
D 37 Villiam Strøm
F 8 Mathias Trettenes

Last edited:

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Games between Norway and Denmark are always tight intense affairs regardless of the rosters, and I fully believe this game will be the same. And it can easily get (very) physical also. Patrick Thoresen and Jannik Hansen has a history of fighting each other in the Norway Denmark games, but now Thoresen isn't playing I wonder who on the Norway team will pick up the baton.

The game will be transmitted on the Danish main stream TV channel TV2, and hopefully for Danish viewers and Danish hockey it will continue so even though I doubt it. Because of the start time for this game (16:15 local time) it was easy to make room for it, but for the games that starts at 20:15 local time it will demand that important programs like amateur cooking contests or the like will have to be moved, and I doubt the majority of viewers will allow that.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Games between Norway and Denmark are always tight intense affairs regardless of the rosters, and I fully believe this game will be the same. And it can easily get (very) physical also. Patrick Thoresen and Jannik Hansen has a history of fighting each other in the Norway Denmark games, but now Thoresen isn't playing I wonder who on the Norway team will pick up the baton.

The game will be transmitted on the Danish main stream TV channel TV2, and hopefully for Danish viewers and Danish hockey it will continue so even though I doubt it. Because of the start time for this game (16:15 local time) it was easy to make room for it, but for the games that starts at 20:15 local time it will demand that important programs like amateur cooking contests or the like will have to be moved, and I doubt the majority of viewers will allow that.

Denmark baffles me. A northern european country with a good roster, thats doing well in wch, yet gets no love from the media. How come?

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
I expect a comfortable win for Denmark. We had chances for much more goals in the past games, and I think we will capitalize today. 5-1 Denmark

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
According to bookmakers, the implied probability of Denmark winning today is a whopping 90%.

Has the world gone crazy? Or do I really have an anti-Denmark bias?

No way they're going to beat them 9 out of 10 times.

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
According to bookmakers, the implied probability of Denmark winning today is a whopping 90%.

Has the world gone crazy? Or do I really have an anti-Denmark bias?

No way they're going to beat them 9 out of 10 times.

Bookmakaers dont make predictions based on the most likely outcome..its based on how the bookmakers think people will gamble.

And no..we will not beat them 9 out of 10...but we are and should be favourites.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Bookmakaers dont make predictions based on the most likely outcome..its based on how the bookmakers think people will gamble.

And no..we will not beat them 9 out of 10...but we are and should be favourites.
Actually, it's based purely on the market forces. If people are heavily betting on Denmark, the odds on them are dropping accordingly. And the odds have dropped a lot since yesterday.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
Denmark baffles me. A northern european country with a good roster, thats doing well in wch, yet gets no love from the media. How come?

Yes, you'r right, it is stupid that they haven't decided to transmit all Danish games on main stream media. We are the host nation after all. But hockey is a niche sport in Denmark, only played by around 4.000 Danes. The number of audience for the national league is quite OK with an average of 1.200/game for the regular season and 2.600/game in the playoffs. That is an even better audience than handball has. But since most Danes have tried to play handball at some point in their life and since Denmark has more than 100.000 registered handball players, handball is a safe bet to transmit in prime time; the number of viewers will be huge no matter what.

I really wish hockey could get a break through in popularity in Denmark but it requires that the games are available for a broader audience and not hidden away on an "obscure" (pay) sport channel (sorry TV2 Sport).

Last edited:

Kookel

May 10, 2018
Tenerife
Denmarks Schedule is so amazing. From group game 3 to 7 each opponent is playing the night before when facing Denmark, while the danes have a day off. The Ultra important final match in the group against Latvia comes after resting for two days. Latvia is playing the night before against Canada in round 6.
Norway played Canada last night....

Reactions: Name Nameless

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Denmarks Schedule is so amazing. From group game 3 to 7 each opponent is playing the night before when facing Denmark, while the danes have a day off. The Ultra important final match in the group against Latvia comes after resting for two days. Latvia is playing the night before against Canada in round 6.
I did notice that as well. It really doesn't feel like a coincidence. If that's the case, that's some morally corrupt stuff right there.

Nothing will beat the corruption in Belarus, but this isn't very fair either.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
I did notice that as well. It really doesn't feel like a coincidence. If that's the case, that's some morally corrupt stuff right there.

Lol, Denmark played a rested Canada the day after they played USA.

You would love for something to be fishy here I bet tho.

The fact that you jump at the chance to reply to it by adding corruption into the talks is insane.

The fact that you feel the need to mention what you feel are absurd odds, and post in a Danish GDT is to me signs anti Danish bias..

Just sayin.

Again, why on earth are you so focused on Danish hockey?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

Well they are the hosts so they get to decide. Hell it was their decision to switch groups aswell. Well probably see similiar thing in 2021 when tourney is gonna be in Rīga

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
5 years ago Norway were favorites against DK.

These days I dont see any spot on the team where Norway has an edge. DK should win this one by at least 2 goals or im gonna be disappointed.

Amazing progress by danish hockey.

fouba

Jul 15, 2006
Lisboa
Very interesting :O I guess it is the host nation privilidge although pretty weird..gotta do everything so Denmark has a change to top4 in the group :D

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
5 years ago Norway were favorites against DK.

These days I dont see any spot on the team where Norway has an edge. DK should win this one by at least 2 goals or im gonna be disappointed.

Amazing progress by danish hockey.

Norwegians have been declining as of late. Wouldnt be shocked if they dropped to Div1a within next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad