GDT: Group A - May 8 - Austria vs Slovakia

flemo

Jan 7, 2010
I see a guy like Jurco on the top line who could barely play on the Hawks 4th line at times...
And now tell me, who else could be there? Only SVK players involved in Stanley Cup remaining are Tatar and Dano, both in pressbox. Gaborik is already old and injured, Panik was silent half of season (and has a newborn baby). We have too few young talented guys and best of them like Reway and Cehlarik have lot of health problems. On the other hands, our goalies are OK (there are rumours Rybar is going to NHL), defence not that bad (Chara still playing, Sekera -hopefully healthy next season, and young promising guys like Cernak, Jaros, and now Fehervary). But offence is really bad now and at least next few years will be. I'm afraid in 2 years there could be no SVK forward playing in NHL.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
And now tell me, who else could be there? Only SVK players involved in Stanley Cup remaining are Tatar and Dano, both in pressbox. Gaborik is already old and injured, Panik was silent half of season (and has a newborn baby). We have too few young talented guys and best of them like Reway and Cehlarik have lot of health problems. On the other hands, our goalies are OK (there are rumours Rybar is going to NHL), defence not that bad (Chara still playing, Sekera -hopefully healthy next season, and young promising guys like Cernak, Jaros, and now Fehervary). But offence is really bad now and at least next few years will be. I'm afraid in 2 years there could be no SVK forward playing in NHL.

Even if every prospect fails, in two years Panik and Tatar will still be playing in the NHL.

And since the league is going for more skill on the bottom lines, guys like Jurco and Dano stand a better chance to stick around too. I've read the Hawks board and many of their posters seem to think Jurco could get re-signed by them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad