GDT: Group A - May 7 - Sweden vs France

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Great Sweden + referees beat France B team
What a performance lol

Hope Larsson will be suspended and Thanks Leclerc to show you're a man against bigger bodies
If Rouss was there...

This young team makes me proud

Pettersson deserves his goal
This kid is an absolute stud
Do you seriously think that this is our A or B team?.....

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
So this must be some kind of record. A Swedish GDT longer than a Canadian one. :sarcasm:

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I suspect not, he's not the only skilled player out there and he's often targeted. My take is he's a sneaky pest. He agitates verbally, gives small cheap shots that no one sees, etc. He's played in the NHL for a lot of years, after all. How do you keep your drive for the game, playing your entire career for a joke franchise? Maybe by playing like he does.

This is pure speculation of course and I basically never watch when the Coyotes play.
He's always been a bit of a pain to others, chirping, slashing away from the game. He knows how to rile up people.

Larsson comments (rough translation):
"I don't think I did anything wrong, it felt clean. I have not seen the replay of the hit yet though, so maybe I should not say too much. But it seemed like a good contact hit. It would surprise me at this time if this is not the end of it"

Regarding the rough play afterwards:
"Well, we had to stand up to them when things became physical. It makes sense that they got riled up after that hit."

5 years ago I'd say keep your head up, nowadays that has changed a bit. Best thing would have been 2 mins right away and that's the end of it. Because otherwise I thought Larsson was one of the best players on the ice tonight and it was a fun game to watch. France should remember this game and play the same way in the following games, then they will definitely win more than they lose.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Great Sweden + referees beat France B team
What a performance lol

Hope Larsson will be suspended and Thanks Leclerc to show you're a man against bigger bodies
If Rouss was there...

This young team makes me proud

Pettersson deserves his goal
This kid is an absolute stud
We would have won even if it wasn't for the missed call on Larsson, the game was already over at 2-0... And most of our guys you wouldn't see in a best-of-best tournament.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
So just came back from the interviews:
-our kid Gallet is out with a concussion because of a checking to the head
-Leclerc has a cut to the lip because of a checking to the head
Sucks about Leclerc, he was a trooper and came back in for you... Which was the wrong call bu the coach as he started looking for revenge.

When was Gallet hit? A concussion makes it seem like it would have been something big, but I don't remember anything involving him.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
So just came back from the interviews:
-our kid Gallet is out with a concussion because of a checking to the head
-Leclerc has a cut to the lip because of a checking to the head
Leclerc also crosshecked klingberg to the head.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
We would have won even if it wasn't for the missed call on Larsson, the game was already over at 2-0... And most of our guys you wouldn't see in a best-of-best tournament.
of course. We didn't expect to win this one, we're realistic.
Though be did expect to be beaten by a skilled passing team, and we were caught of guard by the physicallity.
Still, our boys responded well. We had 7 new players there, and they did well.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Sweden is way superior to France it's a no brainer
Losing by four goals is our worse result anyway since 2011 but I'm not disappointed by our young team regarding the context
They played their game in the second and third period
Just hope injuries will stop

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Sweden is way superior to France it's a no brainer
Losing by four goals is our worse result anyway since 2011 but I'm not disappointed by our young team regarding the context
They played their game in the second and third period
Just hope injuries will stop
It was a good game, physical and intense. France stood up and fought back, and played a good game from there on in. Hearing Larsson afterwards (and seeing him the first couple of secs after the hit) it is evident to me that this was not intentional and that he expected to get a penalty. When nothing happened he cannot really do anything else, except obviously respond when France heated things up.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
of course. We didn't expect to win this one, we're realistic.
Though be did expect to be beaten by a skilled passing team, and we were caught of guard by the physicallity.
Still, our boys responded well. We had 7 new players there, and they did well.
Yeah, if ignoring the penalties you guys need to keep the same energy as you had after the missed call and I think France could do well against the other fringe-QF teams.

As for what you expected, you should have expected a physical & skilled passing team, but whenever we're in cruise control we stop with the passing part sadly. The ice being awful doesn't help either.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Yeah, if ignoring the penalties you guys need to keep the same energy as you had after the missed call and I think France could do well against the other fringe-QF teams.

As for what you expected, you should have expected a physical & skilled passing team, but whenever we're in cruise control we stop with the passing part sadly. The ice being awful doesn't help either.
Yep, I can confirm the ice is so awful that training and morning skates are taking place in the practice arena...

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Regardless of whether the hit was dirty or not, I hope more fans who watched this game have now realized why Larsson is so important to the Oilers.
He is very consistent. You need to trade for OEL just try not to give up McDavid ;)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
EP was probably just nervous as hell in the first few games, The goal and assist will help a lot!

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018

Yeah, that's so true. It's because the GREEDY organizers of this tournament scrimped on powerful ventilation in the arena. Hearing that particularly the Russians are complaining about the ice quality. But then again, it's even worse over in Jutland. :nod:

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Who can blame him? The media and the fans are whining to no eternity he has no goal yet.

On another note, when are the other lines going to start to deliver, really? Sure, they've scored a goal, but then what?

That Pääjärvi line, what is that supposed to do, other than kill time?

:laugh: ... right, Swedish hockey fans are used to better quality on the team's 3rd line.
Well, at least de la Rose had a decent match vs. CZE on Sunday. :thumbu:

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
The refs made this game turn ugly by not giving Adam Larsson a penalty... Which causes the french to wanna fight Johan Larsson, Adam Larsson, & Oliver Ekman-Larsson... I'd be ok with getting a penalty for just entering the O-zone once to make up for that missed call so the french can get less frustrated about it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad