GDT: Group A - May 6 - Sweden vs Czech Republic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Man was Hyka due! He had so many good chances... glad to see Faksa get a point.. need to get these guys rolling. 3-2 in the third is not a score I thought I'd see today.

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
Yeah benched by kempe who hasnt been doing anything either.

I guess thats the end of pettersson this whc. Dissappointing.
It's the end of a close game and Pettersson isn't winning any board battles, why would the coach want him out there when they aren't looking for offense? It's not the end of him at the tourney lol c'mon. You did the same thing in the pre-tourney threads. Just stop.

Reactions: FinPanda

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
IIHF - Gamecenter 2018 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP DENMARK

I had to luck, I thought I was maybe watching a different game... penalties are 6 to 6 after 2nd period and, I'm pretty sure, 10 to 10 now. What is the all the complaining about the refs not liking Sweden? Your team is up 3-1 and equal in penalties?
Sure, that is fine if reffing was politics. But it isn't. Call a penalty a penalty and don't call crap that isn't even a penalty in women's hockey, or Czechs flopping around like it's a Hollywood audition.

When a team is having possession and pressuring the opponents, they're usually rewarded. Not the case, but Swedish fans are very used to that.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Cant complain too much, he has been a bit lightweight. Not bad, but a bit weak at the boards.
Actually if we’re being totally fair Backlund hasn’t really been pulling his weight but you know he’s 29 and the captain so we can’t hold him accountable.

Reactions: DDRhockey

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Actually if we’re being totally fair Backlund hasn’t really been pulling his weight but you know he’s 29 so we can’t hold him accountable.
Exactly.

Pääjärvi takes a dumb penalty and should sit

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sure, that is fine if reffing was politics. But it isn't. Call a penalty a penalty and don't call crap that isn't even a penalty in women's hockey, or Czechs flopping around like it's a Hollywood audition.

When a team is having possession and pressuring the opponents, they're usually rewarded. Not the case, but Swedish fans are very used to that.

I think I watched a different game. It is funny, to me, to hear so much complaing in a game you guys never trailed in and won to remain undefeated in tourney that you are the defending champions in.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Good effort from our guys, liked the final push although it came a bit late. Don't like the rule about not using your foot to win a face-off.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Has been for years. I don't know if it's NHL players not being used to IIHF rules, or IIHF linesmen having some weird powertrip.
Not only that but sweden only get 2 PPs a game while a billion boxplays. How many years had it been like this?

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
It's the end of a close game and Pettersson isn't winning any board battles, why would the coach want him out there when they aren't looking for offense? It's not the end of him at the tourney lol c'mon. You did the same thing in the pre-tourney threads. Just stop.

Yeah this is what I hope and think.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
De la Rose is actually money on the PK Pääjärvi however....

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
For the Record, the Czechs will gladly take your 8th best to 14th best Dmen... our program could desparately use them... actually, your 15th to 20th would also improve us.
You can have Wikstrand can we have someone who actually doesn’t coordinate the players like an imbecill?

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Not only that but pääjärvi who almost cost us the game gets to play while our talents get to sit.

Im not sure if its really a good move to all of sudden change lines, in that I can give you right. But EP did look a bit weak along the boards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->