GDT: Group A - May 11 - Belarus vs Czech Republic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Very strange first period.. happy to be up 3-0 and see a few guys score that haven't scored yet... Sulak, Horak and Repid. Now let's get a few more guys on the board! Hope Nestrasil is okay...

kary

May 12, 2016
I'm a bit scared for QF, no offence to Belarus, Austria or France, but I'd be much more confident before QF if we played RUS or SWE in the last games, bit worried our guys will get lazy.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
staropramen is pisswater

I know Czech beer is amazing but even by those standards it's not close to piss

I had it as 1. Budvar 2. Staropramen 3. Pilsner, but I've only had the mainstream ones. There was only one beer I really didn't like, forgot the name.

Granted all this info is from one football trip to Prague in 2015 so sample size is lacking!

Reactions: Jablkon

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Cheers! Got my 12° there
I just came from my pub with
557ac17dd9a3ced410c9219953aa8182.jpg

:laugh:
... And for me we are world champions every year :laugh:

kary

May 12, 2016

I had it as 1. Budvar 2. Staropramen 3. Pilsner, but I've only had the mainstream ones. There was only one beer I really didn't like, forgot the name.

Granted all this info is from one football trip to Prague in 2015 so sample size is lacking!
I hate budvar tbh, I guess its just a matter of taste, not quality... Budvar is just too sweet and strange tasting, staropramen would be the second worst for me :D, too bland. From the major ones Pilsner is number 1 I guess, but there is plenty other good beers, in fact most of the beer I drink I like... If your experience is just from one trip i guess you only have been in pubs, in that case it heavily depends on the particular pub, I'm also considering what you'd get bottled in stores from those brands.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic

Schalke against Sparta am I guessing?

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I hate budvar tbh, I guess its just a matter of taste, not quality... Budvar is just too sweet and strange tasting, staropramen would be the second worst for me :D, too bland. From the major ones Pilsner is number 1 I guess, but there is plenty other good beers, in fact most of the beer I drink I like... If your experience is just from one trip i guess you only have been in pubs, in that case it heavily depends on the particular pub, I'm also considering what you'd get bottled in stores from those brands.
I agree. Beers in pubs in my town where I'm usually going are Gambac, Staropramen and Bernard. But as cheaper beer bottle versions I like Branik, Breznak etc. It's only about personal taste ...

kary

May 12, 2016
On topic of alcoholics not so anonymous, not sure what next the fridge offers but I think a Kozel could be there :naughty:
I'm drinking whiskey, tho thats only cose I have a sore throat and don't want it to get worse by drinking cold beer :D

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
I got my hands on some Budvar and Pilsner in bottles here in Germany and didn't enjoy it that much tbh, obviously beer is always better on tap but with those two the difference seemed much bigger than average. Budvar from tap was legitimately one of the best I've ever had. Maybe they've got some different brewing formula for export beer.

Any recommendations for smaller czech breweries that I should try? Kozel is noted :)

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I agree. Beers in pubs in my town where I'm usually going are Gambac, Staropramen and Bernard. But as cheaper versions of beer in bottle I like Branik, Breznak etc. It's only about personal taste ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->