Grigory Shafigulin

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

He was one of the most visible and impressive Russians and I have to say he should be a top 10 prospect in the Preds system.

He is a big guy, he skates hard and balanced, he seems to have some good hands and some nice moves, but i'm most impressed with his size, skating, and physical play.

Good pick by Nashville!

LadyByngJeanRatelle

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
I thought he played well for Russia. When he was on the ice, you definitely noticed him out there. He's big, but very lanky. Very solid defensively and seemed tough to knock off the puck. I'd say he could very well end up developing into a good 3rd or 4th center.

Zoran Manojlovic

Apr 22, 2002
Malmö, Sweden
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
He was one of the most visible and impressive Russians and I have to say he should be a top 10 prospect in the Preds system.

He is a big guy, he skates hard and balanced, he seems to have some good hands and some nice moves, but i'm most impressed with his size, skating, and physical play.

Good pick by Nashville!

agreed!

he was also very good for team russia in the november tournament in sweden. he played the same way he did in the WJC and I really like the fact that he puts up a good effort on every night. obviously he also has the russian skills.. a true PRO player!

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
this is a guy that even Preds fans didn't know much about before the WJCs. Now...he's probably favored over Glazachev, especially considering how bad we need centers. Hopefully Poile and co. took notice of the game he plays, and work to get him over here ASAP.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
He was definitely noticeable, but I have my reservations about him ever coming to play here in North America. As a Pred fan, I'm almost to the point of swearing off drafting Russians. They simply refuse to play for us as a team..........its either a gauranteed NHL spot or nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->