Grigorenko and Hudler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandwagoner

Nov 18, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Hey All,
I was just checking the Detroit Rankings and they have Grigorenko and Hudler as their one and two top prospects. I haven't really got a chance to see any of these two play. Anyone got any thoughts on whether or not these two will be impact players in the NHL? Just wondering, because I know Stevie Y and Shanny won't be able to play forever. What's the future look like for the Red Wings???

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site
Bandwagoner said:
Hey All,
I was just checking the Detroit Rankings and they have Grigorenko and Hudler as their one and two top prospects. I haven't really got a chance to see any of these two play. Anyone got any thoughts on whether or not these two will be impact players in the NHL? Just wondering, because I know Stevie Y and Shanny won't be able to play forever. What's the future look like for the Red Wings???

Grigorenko deserves an 8 out of 10, he's a sniper type of player that plays a gritty game, will he make an impact in the NHL? that all depends on his recovery from his car accident, the thing about this guy is he has the heart and desire to play hockey, he told one of Detroit's Russian scouts that he will make a come back and he will be better then his old form, I have faith in him and somday this kid will make an impact in the NHL, he looks like a top line sniper for the future Red Wings team, the way he played in last year's WJC, he looked a lot like an Alexander Mogilny with grit, I'm not saying he'll be the star Mogilny is, but he plays that style.

Hudler on the other hand does not deserve an 8 out of 10, 7 is more like it, having said that, I think Hudler is a bloom or bust type of prospect, at this very moment he's playing extremly well at the AHL level and he's putting up a lot of points, but his size does't help him at all, and he shies away from traffic, but the good thing is he reaks with talent and he also has the desire to be an NHL player, I think Hudler will be a second line impact center for the future, he's a gifted playmaker and should have a bright future in Detroit, if I would compare his style, I would have to say that he looks like Igor Larionov (NHL Larionov, not young superstar Larionov).

As for Detroit's future, it looks bright in my opinion, they pulled off few steals in the later rounds, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, along with Grigorenko, Hudler, Fleischmann, Filppula, and so on, these guys seem to be a fine group of youngsters up front, on defence we have Fischer, Kronwall, Bykov, and Meech which makes a solid defencive core, in net we have Howard and Liv who both have NHL #1 goalie upside, so overall I say the future looks pretty solid for the Wings, few keys are missing like adding a Power Forward, and maybe another top 4 defenceman would seal the deal ;)

Kukla

Mar 16, 2003
motown
www.kuklaskorner.com
Scotty Bowman was on Detroit radio a few days agao and when asked about Igor he said that he had a lot of the offensive moves of Jagr. For Scotty to say something like that, well, the kid must have some talent.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
igor has a lot of talent, but is now set back again. He probably wont even come over now next year as he hurt his leg again and said he'll most likely play all year next year for his russian team.. :(

I could very well see hudler in here next year with a full time spot, all depends on the CBA and how he does over the summer/rest of this year... he's doing REALLY good in the AHL

A Good Flying Bird*

Birko19 said:
Grigorenko deserves an 8 out of 10, he's a sniper type of player that plays a gritty game, will he make an impact in the NHL? that all depends on his recovery from his car accident, the thing about this guy is he has the heart and desire to play hockey, he told one of Detroit's Russian scouts that he will make a come back and he will be better then his old form, I have faith in him and somday this kid will make an impact in the NHL, he looks like a top line sniper for the future Red Wings team, the way he played in last year's WJC, he looked a lot like an Alexander Mogilny with grit, I'm not saying he'll be the star Mogilny is, but he plays that style.

Hudler on the other hand does not deserve an 8 out of 10, 7 is more like it, having said that, I think Hudler is a bloom or bust type of prospect, at this very moment he's playing extremly well at the AHL level and he's putting up a lot of points, but his size does't help him at all, and he shies away from traffic, but the good thing is he reaks with talent and he also has the desire to be an NHL player, I think Hudler will be a second line impact center for the future, he's a gifted playmaker and should have a bright future in Detroit, if I would compare his style, I would have to say that he looks like Igor Larionov (NHL Larionov, not young superstar Larionov).

As for Detroit's future, it looks bright in my opinion, they pulled off few steals in the later rounds, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, along with Grigorenko, Hudler, Fleischmann, Filppula, and so on, these guys seem to be a fine group of youngsters up front, on defence we have Fischer, Kronwall, Bykov, and Meech which makes a solid defencive core, in net we have Howard and Liv who both have NHL #1 goalie upside, so overall I say the future looks pretty solid for the Wings, few keys are missing like adding a Power Forward, and maybe another top 4 defenceman would seal the deal ;)

Long time no see Birko.

Yeah, our future looks a lot better than it did a few years ago.
Our defense would look pretty good (though I'm not sure about Bykov and Meech) if we can develop one of the Swedish hulks (Bergrenn, Eriksson, Blom). Kyle Quincey is looking more and more intriguing.

Our weakness continues to be a lack of power forwards.

Coffey77

Mar 12, 2002
Visit site
Newsguyone said:
Long time no see Birko.

Yeah, our future looks a lot better than it did a few years ago.
Our defense would look pretty good (though I'm not sure about Bykov and Meech) if we can develop one of the Swedish hulks (Bergrenn, Eriksson, Blom). Kyle Quincey is looking more and more intriguing.

Our weakness continues to be a lack of power forwards.

I see the lack of defenseman as the weakness. Although having small forwards comes in a close second place.

As for the original question...
Hard to gauge Grigorenko because of his injuries. But he's an incredibly skilled player that doesn't shy away from the rough stuff. too bad he won't be in detroit for the next couple of years :( His play from what I have seen is kind of like Slava Kozlov. Only he's bigger and drives to the net more often.

As for Hudler, I don't know. He has NHL skills but can he overcome his lack of size and strength?? Right now, he's averaging above a point a game in Grand Rapids and even made the All-Star game. And his shot is much better than I thought it would be. However, he tends to shy away from traffic. that's not good. Now, I'm not expecting him to try to become a Ryan Smyth but he really needs to work on getting stronger and not be intimitdated so often. I've only seen him play a few times but he kind of reminds me of NHL Igor Larionov.

As for the future, it's not bad. Not great but ok. Another guy to watch is Filppula. he played great at the WJC's and is doing well with Jokereit in the Finnish Elite League. Plus Kronwall looks like he will be a decent top 4 d-man. Impressed that despite his lack of size he can hit and isn't afraid of being hit.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
i love our future honestly. Upfront we got a lot of guys who will be offensive weapons. We just need that "powerforward with high potential" once we get him and he actually makes the team, we are set for years!

-fleischmann is going to be a sneeky, creative player, who will score some goals for us
-hudler if he can add more muscle will have a lot of success here in detroit with guys like z and d
-dats is already sick!
-zets IMHO jsut needs more foot speed to burn more players, once he has that, he's going to be unstoppable
-fisch is still in his early/mid 20's not even 24 yet i believe, he's huge, mobile, just has bacd luck with the offensive game, but it'll come around, he's got a cannon from the point, just needs the accuracy.
-kronwall is just amazing. He's VERY good on his feet, skates beautifully, smart reader, makes a nice first pass out of the zone, always looking for the best pass too, great guy to have to break out, great top2-3 dman who will be the PP QB
-meech i hope can develope and come in and be a very solid top 4-5 guy, who knows, he's gone a long way since draft day
-filpulla is a suprise now, he's crafty and more gifted then most thought. He's got a lot of offensive potential and i wouldnt mind seeing him on our unit in the future. if he can grow more and throw on more muscle as well he would be great in detroit, or as a asset to trade

WE ARE SET!

not to mention Liv, and howard, LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad