OT: Grey Cup Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
The players would probably start dispersing if they delayed it a week. Most victory parades are pretty soon after the win, if I remember. The Cubs parade was on a Friday, two days after their World Series win.

I think the idea is that the parades are held downtown where a lot of people are, and people duck out of work to watch it. Other cities don't seem to have an issue attracting people, so hopefully it will be the same here.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The players would probably start dispersing if they delayed it a week. Most victory parades are pretty soon after the win, if I remember. The Cubs parade was on a Friday, two days after their World Series win.

I think the idea is that the parades are held downtown where a lot of people are, and people duck out of work to watch it. Other cities don't seem to have an issue attracting people, so hopefully it will be the same here.

Great point, didn't think about that lol.

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
Should have been Friday. Redblacks Friday has a such a good ring to it all things considered

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
First time in my entire life an Ottawa sports team has won a championship. Can't wait for this!! Good thing I don't have school on tuesdays.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Freezing rain predicted tomorrow which sucks. It might mean a bunch of kids are off school, but people might not want to travel, and people who work downtown might want to work from home.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Freezing rain predicted tomorrow which sucks. It might mean a bunch of kids are off school, but people might not want to travel, and people who work downtown might want to work from home.

It's a once in a lifetime experience.

Really? Weather?

MJKW

Feb 8, 2016
Starting at Pretoria, going towards Bank, then south on bank to TD place.

I'm super pumped about the Grey Cup Win as a fan and season ticket holder.

But man...what a ****** parade route. Tuesday the weather is going to suck.

Can we please change the route to come closer to downtown. At least go down Wellington or Elgin at some point. And let's move the Parade to Wednesday.

I just want the Parade to be epic because the players and fans deserve it. I'd hate for the turnout at the parade to be low because of controllable decisions that have been made on route and date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad