Status
Not open for further replies.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=115711

But with the cancelled season, a source has told TSN the NHL will not allow anyone in the league or employees to take part in the Worlds.

So while NHL players will hit the ice, it seems unlikely that Gretzky, who managed Canada to Olympic and World Cup gold, will be involved this time
Conflict of interest, because he would have to work with union players...shame...

Kritter471

Feb 17, 2005
Dallas
Would the conflict of interest extend to current NHL coaches/assistant coaches/trainers/whatnot as well? That's a sticky, sticky situation if none of those employees are eligible to work the worlds.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Kritter471 said:
Would the conflict of interest extend to current NHL coaches/assistant coaches/trainers/whatnot as well? That's a sticky, sticky situation if none of those employees are eligible to work the worlds.
This is exactly what may happen, the coaching staff, according to the guys at TSN may not be able to coach these guys either...

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Kritter471 said:

I doubt they'd worry about trainers, but I'm sure coaches and asst. coaches would be banned as well.

IMO it's a joke, what do they think is going to happen, they divulge crucial NHL Owners secrets to the players ???

Wetcoaster

John Flyers Fan said:
I doubt they'd worry about trainers, but I'm sure coaches and asst. coaches would be banned as well.

IMO it's a joke, what do they think is going to happen, they divulge crucial NHL Owners secrets to the players ???
Don Cherry and Pierre Maguire are available :lol

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The coaches would probably either be former coaches somewhere else in the world, or coaches who currently have no contract.

Paul Maurice?

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
They'd probably make Habscheid the coach, as they had planned to make him the assistant anyways, for his role as "national team coach". I believe I heard somewhere that Habscheid will coach Canada in Turin, if NHLers do/do not participate.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
I believe that Marc Habsheid has already been named the coach. Maybe Brian Burke as GM ... Glen Healy as goalie coach :dunno:
Healy wont be able to make it, he just found himself a real tuff job, trying to climb out of Goodenow's a$$...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->