Gretzky sounds totally defeated

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYIsles1*

John Flyers Fan said:
The whole partnership line has become a complete joke .... Illitch, Cablevision, Comcast etc. don't want to be parteners with Lemieux, Karmonos, Leipold etc.
Considering Comcast, Cablevision claimed losses and hockey fell off the map no matter what they spent, maybe Lemieux, Karmanos, Leipold should lead the future NHL.

It's clear big markets spending more to lose more failed in every way possible. Maybe
like football this league should no longer accept corporate ownerships when one of them sells.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
NYIsles1 said:
If this is as high as the league can (42m) the players are going to have to understand but as far as we know they made no offer and stayed at 53.9 and wanted profit sharing but no linkage. All reward, no risk.

As well as an indexed cap, which would have seen the cap go progressively higher as revenues increased from the index year (05-06).

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Am I the only one that thought that the real issue was that the players didn't understand the owners last offer? That's really what I got from Saskin's interview and his "4 points".

It's like we said here on Wednesday. It's MUCH less about the $ difference than it is about the fundemental differences in the details behind the proposals.

IMO, why even waste time talking $'s if the PA thinks they should get upside linkage off of a depressed "index year", or have inflationary arbitration and qualifying offer details built into the agreement?

The whole situation just reinforced to me that the players still have their head in the sand. The owners are also a bunch of spanks, but this type of meeting was absolutely necessary to drive home the fact that the hold-up wasn't just a matter of each side compriming $3M in the cap figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad