Gretzky on the Score

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hecht

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
FYI...

Gretzky will be on the 6 PM EST Sports Center so we'll be able to hear what he has to say here in the states..

Wetcoaster

Maybe it is time to change the structure of the Office of NHL Commissioner. This dysfunctional system has to end.

Let Bettman stay as head of the owners as their COO, CFO, Executive Director whatever, if they want him.

Goodenow stays in the same place with the NHLPA or someone else if the players want to pay him off and replace him.

The NHL Commissioner becomes neutral and is paid by both the owners and the players. His job is to operate for the good of the game and he will be given significant powers over both the owners and union.

Would Gretzky work in such a role? Your input.

kerrly

May 16, 2004
Regina
Wetcoaster said:
Maybe it is time to change the structure of the Office of NHL Commissioner. This dysfunctional system has to end.

Let Bettman stay as head of the owners as their COO, CFO, Executive Director whatever, if they want him.

Goodenow stays in the same place with the NHLPA or someone else if the players want to pay him off and replace him.

The NHL Commissioner becomes neutral and is paid by both the owners and the players. His job is to operate for the good of the game and he will be given significant powers over both the owners and union.

Would Gretzky work in such a role? Your input.

I always thought the idea of implementing someone in a role to take care of all things regarding the hockey aspect. CPO (Chief Product Officer). Let Bettman handle the business side of things and have a CPO run the hockey aspect and work very closely with other hockey minds to keep the game in good shapein every aspect. Let's face it, Bettman is not the guy to have running the hockey side.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
He'll be on Outside the Line tonight with bob Ley around 9:40. ESPN2 ran is interview and he commended Linden for putting forth a fair proposal for the players. I found that statement really odd.

SENSible1*

Wetcoaster said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow. Has it really gone this far already?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
kerrly said:
I always thought the idea of implementing someone in a role to take care of all things regarding the hockey aspect. CPO (Chief Product Officer).

I'm sure Bettman would love to hand that roll to someone else. He's only there in a token sense.

Let Bettman handle the business side of things and have a CPO run the hockey aspect and work very closely with other hockey minds to keep the game in good shapein every aspect. Let's face it, Bettman is not the guy to have running the hockey side.

That's what the Board of Governors does. Bettman is a puppet on the rule change side of things. He's not behind the one ice product changes, but fans feel the need to throw rotten fruit at someone. Let them throw fruit at the CPO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad