Visit site
- no formal conversations between players and league

- only player he's spoken to is Doan

- he and Lemieux have not been involved at all

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
- players may be showing today that they want to make a deal so they can get back to playing

- some season is better than nothing, playing for Cup is better than nothing

- commented that Bettman did leave that window open based on what Bettman said in the PC yesterday

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
HF2002 said:
- players may be showing today that they want to make a deal so they can get back to playing

In the same breath he admitted that players WERE meeting today about this.

Crows*

Gretzky and Mansbridge both agree that bettman was expecting another counter offer of around 45 or 46 from the PA and that he would have probbaly opened negotiations off that again.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
Juni said:
Saying Bettman's deal of $42.5 was and still is final.

Well the theory that Gretzy 100% supports Bettman just went out the window for me. When he say that the commision was firm in telling him there was no movement on the cap of 42.5. He was not happy.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Crows said:
Gretzky and Mansbridge both agree that bettman was expecting another counter offer of around 45 or 46 from the PA and that he would have probbaly opened negotiations off that again.

the entire negotiation tactic Goodenow used just cries of Stupidity.

He said "We acepted a cap because they backed off their linkage demand" Ignoring that Up intil that Time they ahd players and Reps saying they would _NEVER_ accept a cap, so why would the owners cave?

Why couldnt Goodenow, if hes such a great negotiator, tel the owners back in september "If we Accept a cap, you have to drop off the linkage demand." Hes a great negotiator isnt he.

its why David Stern just called his negotiation tactic one of the biggest mistakes in the history of sports.

WrightOn

Feb 7, 2004
Ohio
vanlady said:
Well the theory that Gretzy 100% supports Bettman just went out the window for me. When he say that the commision was firm in telling him there was no movement on the cap of 42.5. He was not happy.

Huh?

I didn't read it like that..

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
WrightOn said:
Huh?

I didn't read it like that..

I've seen and heard Gretzky PO'ed enough times to recognize that voice. Did he sound up beat in any way? Did he not mention being frustrated and repeated conversations with Bettman yesterday? Sorry He was way cranky.

WrightOn

Feb 7, 2004
Ohio
vanlady said:
Sorry He was way cranky.

It's not your fault.

I think you're cranky, too, but that doesn't tell me how you feel about Bettman.

I'm cranky. What do I think about Bettman?

Flyers Hockey

Feb 17, 2005
Maybe he was telling the truth, but if he was involved in these hush hush talks I doubt he would broadcast it. Maybe that's why he was on. Maybe he wanted to quiet the rumors while he was working on getting something done.

wazee

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
vanlady said:
He was way cranky.
The season has been cancelled. We are all cranky. You are implying Gretzky is cranky at Bettman. Could be. But it is not the only alternative. Or even the most likely one.

vanlady

Nov 3, 2004
Flyers Hockey said:
Maybe he was telling the truth, but if he was involved in these hush hush talks I doubt he would broadcast it. Maybe that's why he was on. Maybe he wanted to quiet the rumors while he was working on getting something done.

Gretzky admitted to "extensive" talks with Nash the Coyotes player rep.

SENSible1*

Vanlady,

Put down the pompoms and walk away from the keyboard.

15theheatison*

tyson nash? but perhaps he meant doan as WrightOn mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad