Greg Moore vs. David Moss????

X-SHARKIE

Two under the radar guys that impressed me last year were Greg Moore (NYR) and David Moss (CAL).

Of the two, who do you think will get their first look in the NHL this year? I think both could, but does anyone have any inside scoop on who might make it first?

Also, who will likely have the longer more productive career? They seem to both have good size, can score, and are fine skaters with an edge.

Thanks.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
On a side note, Greg Moore used to be a Flames prospect.

Anyway, Moss may get a cup of coffee in the NHL this year, depending on how bad injuries are for the Flames this year, but he is likely to be a 3rd or 4th or even 5th callup guy I think.

That aside, I think Moore is the better player IMO, he has more offensive skill I think, though Moss wasn't exactly in a great offensive environment last season.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Moore jumped into the AHL last season like a vet (don't forget hes 22, just finishing up 4 years in the NCAA). He didn't look out of place at all on either side of the rink. That said with the unfortunate circumstances of what happened to our 4th lineer Jed Ortmeyer, training camp could be very interesting to see who fights for the spot. We had a discussion on the Rangers board a few days ago and most thought Moore would win the spot since he looks the most NHL ready out of our prospects in the AHL, at least that is what I took out from watching him in the playoffs last season.

In 15 AHL games he had 3 goals and 6 assists. He should be a solid 3rd line player in the future IMO>

PMP5030

Apr 25, 2004
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Moss was my favorite player when he was Michigan, I liked that he was good defensively, skated well, and had decent playmaking ability (he really clicked when he was on a line with sniper Jeff Tambellini, but then a lot of players would). I always thought he made a lot of nice passes that for various reasons were never converted into goals.

I hope he gets a cup of coffee with the Flames this year, I think he could end up being a decent 3rd/4th line center with some scoring touch. One downside is that he's not overly physical, at least in his college days, so that may make Calgary a little hesitant to call him up, especially given the physical style they like to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad