Greg Millen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
I had to mute the TV at many times when Millen was talking during the Can/Swiss game.

I thought I was going to blow a head gasket when he kept repeating himself during the 10 min goal review.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
I can't stand Millen. He's just another in the line of those "great" CBC announcers.

I wish they could find more guys like Hrudey. He's one of the few decent guys they've picked up.

Zaddik

millen's alright. i don't know why people make a big deal out of things.

oh right, the homers.

CF

Dec 10, 2004
Burnaby, BC
Lionel Hutz said:
I was very surprised that when I heard Cole and Neal doing the Finland game, I was relieved.
I don't know why, Bob Cole is horrible. He was good 15 years ago, but it's time for him to retire. Hughson's turn to take over.

Millen on the otherhand needs to go.

bottleCAPS

Jan 11, 2005
Winnipeg, MB
Bob Cole doing CAN Men's games is still a pleasure for me to watch. The passion in his voice when calls games is second to none. "Joe Sakic... Scores! JJJJJJJJJOE SAKIC SCORES FOR CANADA!" will give me goosebumps for years to come.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
HABitual said:
is it just me, or does it seem like he isn't as loud as he usually is? I'm watching the Swiss vs Italy game.

He and Hughson are about THE WORST(!) tandem in broadcasting history. I prefer the Sabres guy over those two...

Rover*

I hate millen with a passion. Worst commentator ever. Hughson on the other hand, is the best play by play man in all of hockey.

risto

Jan 6, 2006
Zaddik said:
millen's alright. i don't know why people make a big deal out of things.

oh right, the homers.

815 misguided posts and counting.

revolverjgw

Oct 6, 2003
Nova Scotia
Bob Cole doing CAN Men's games is still a pleasure for me to watch. The passion in his voice when calls games is second to none. "Joe Sakic... Scores! JJJJJJJJJOE SAKIC SCORES FOR CANADA!" will give me goosebumps for years to come.

Same here. He might be a little long in the tooth, a little less sharp, but I've got eyes and I can see what's going on even if he flubs a name. I don't need him to do anything but sound awesome.

Pilot

Aug 2, 2005
Bob Cole is good... just getting older, can't see ... cannot correctly identify who has the puck, why the play is stopped, etc etc.

He even called Bondra's name in the game Canada played against the Czechs.

- Bondra plays for Slovaka people.

It would be hard to get used to another man ... but hey ... life goes on. Go out while you're almost still on top.

Philoushka

Apr 27, 2005
My two favorite Bob Cole moments:

* Commenting on the play of Calgary's goalie - Siprukoff

* Reminding the audience of Hasek's recent shutout. He says "they were shutout by Buffalo..." followed by a long silence from Harry Neale. Thank goodness for the mic mute button.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
I think Millen has mellowed out a bit recently.

What this tournament has shown me is that Hughson/Millen is a **** of a lot better than Cole/Neale.

Cole may have been good once, but he's unbearable now. He sounds almost exactly the same as he does in my NHL 2K6 video game. His short-sentence robotic speech patterns and constant mangling of names is just unlistenable, and Harry Neale offers no insight what-so-ever.

Jim Hughson and Greg Millen at least did their homework so they knew all the names of the foreign players and pronounced them correctly. I thought they did a much better job of being impartial too. They offered a considerably more analysis on the non-Canada side, which I really appreciated.

As long as Greg Millen isn't yelling or announcing Albertan teams he's really not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->