Greatest Promos ever

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Was rewatching ECW one night stand and watching Heyman just drop an A bomb of a promo and got me thinking what everyone thinks are the top promos ever.

Pipe bomb is obviously high. The Heyman one i mentioned was up there.

Go old school. Macho man had some amazing ones. The cream of the crop promo and the one where he is talking about "space is the place/beat goes on" and yells at Mean Jean for no more questions.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Oh dear God...my name is Billy and I just won King of the Ring but there's just one problem...everyone still thinks that I absolutely suck!

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Bray's Ms.Teacher Lady promo, forever

I also liked the promo package between Bray and Cena for wrestlemania, dubbed "legacy"

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I've mentioned it a few times, but Mick Foley getting Randy Orton to spit in his face, before scaring the crap out of him, during their "Legend Killer" feud of a few years ago.

Mick's mic skills were never better, and he's still one of the best ever IMO.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
I've mentioned it a few times, but Mick Foley getting Randy Orton to spit in his face, before scaring the crap out of him, during their "Legend Killer" feud of a few years ago.

Mankind's sit down interview 4 part series with Jim Ross is still one of my favorite things WWF ever did. Those segments were amazing.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
- If you want to look at it from the POV of drawing money, gotta consider Austin after winning King of the Ring 1996. The whole Austin 3:16 thing sold like 8 billion t shirts.

- From an entertainment standpoint: Look up any Flair promo from 1985-1988 on YouTube. Example would be "Ric Flair Woos Precious" or "Marriott Room 806"

- That time HHH opened RAW with the 15 minute promo (KIDDING)

- A memorable one for me: Bubba Ray Dudley at Heatwave '98 in Dayton, OH. Nearly caused a freakin riot like it was Memphis or something.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
This is way too hard with all the decades of wrestling I've seen but just off the top of my head.

From a comedy perspective, three stand out for me:
- Jericho and The Rock team up to take down Booker T, Stephanie McMahon, Shane McMahon, and Rhyno.
- The Rock heel promo in Toronto.
- Shawn Michaels heel promo in Montreal where he teased Bret Hart.

From a serious perspective ... TBA. Will post later on it, this one is really hard to nail down.

And just from a feels perspective, the retirement promos of both Shawn Michaels and Edge.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
"Bob..."

"But my name's Billy!"

"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!"

I must have said that line x100000 times with my cousins after i heard it the first time. What a great promo. This, the Armageddon promo, Jericho's debut, RAW concert in Toronto and all the Hurricane/Rock promos are my favorite Rock promos. His Hollywood Rock stuff was incredible too.. might as well just add that to the list

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Piper's pre-match promo from the 92 Rumble. (Pre IC match against the Mountie not the 'pre-reumble' promo) The talk about not having integrity then saying "how do you think I got so far"

Any of Bret's promos where he had real emotion in it. Emotional Bret always had great promos, rather than just delivering a standard promo. Espcially those against his brother were great. SummerSlam 94 pre-match promo was good. Talking about how he's not proud about having to fight his brother in a cage but at that point it's what had to happen.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
This one's more of a segment than a promo, but I've always loved the moment when "The Mega Powers Exploded" and Macho ran back to the locker room to tear Hogan a new one. At the time, that was supposed to be Macho turning heel on Hogan, but I just remember thinking "Holy ****, Macho's got a pretty good point here!"

S A W F T*

Was rewatching ECW one night stand and watching Heyman just drop an A bomb of a promo and got me thinking what everyone thinks are the top promos ever.

Pipe bomb is obviously high. The Heyman one i mentioned was up there.

Go old school. Macho man had some amazing ones. The cream of the crop promo and the one where he is talking about "space is the place/beat goes on" and yells at Mean Jean for no more questions.

Anything Bubba Ray did in ECW.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

I was in attendance for that Backlash match, absolutely amazing. That was my first ever WWE PPV event.

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
The promo recently with Cena and Owens (where Cena noticed the child with Cancer in the crowd) was fantastic. Don't care if it was Cena; it was remarkable.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Not necessarily the best, but one of my favourites. Shows a big part of what was good about ECW, shows the charisma of the soon to be biggest wrestling star in the world, and shows what would eventually lead to WCW's downfall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->