Greatest Goalie of All Time #8

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
You're going to spell "Fuhr" right eventually in one of these threads. I just know it. :p:

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
I forgot to mention that Hockey Outsider couldn't take part in this poll but he sent me a pm and he is voting for Durnan. So whatever Durnan finishes with I will have to add one more vote to his total.

Psycho Papa Joe

Porkchop Hoser
Feb 27, 2002
Cesspool, Ontario
Visit site
Personally I have a big problem with non-NHL goalies being included in this poll. There really is very little basis of comparison and invariably, some great European goalies like the mid 70's Czech goalies will get ignored because they never got the press Tretiak got in the west.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Personally I have a big problem with non-NHL goalies being included in this poll. There really is very little basis of comparison and invariably, some great European goalies like the mid 70's Czech goalies will get ignored because they never got the press Tretiak got in the west.

Good point. Jiri Holecek was named the top goalie at the World Championships more times than Tretiak. That tournament was considered the most important one in Europe.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Only marginally different than the bias against early and pre-NHLers like Benedict.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->