Greatest Goalie of All time #2

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Wow Brodeur is second with 9 votes compared to Sawchuks 10. No way Brodeur is #2 all time though. Top 5 all time isnt out of the question but he's not Sawchuk.

Bluesfan1981

Mar 21, 2006
USA
Wow Brodeur is second with 9 votes compared to Sawchuks 10. No way Brodeur is #2 all time though. Top 5 all time isnt out of the question but he's not Sawchuk.

Absolutely. This poll already got screwed with Roy winning #1, and winning it easily, and now Brodeur is threatening to win #2. :shakehead

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Absolutely. This poll already got screwed with Roy winning #1, and winning it easily, and now Brodeur is threatening to win #2. :shakehead
I don't mind Roy being #1. When I started this poll I knew that Roy will be first. I have him fourth on my list: Hall, Sawchuk and Plante being ahead of him. However, Brodeur isn't even close to being #2. I would put Brodeur around 8th or the 9th spot. It depends on what he does in the next couple of years and he might climb up.

I said this in the other thread Hall must be the most underrated player ever. He only has one vote. He played 502 consecutive games as a goalie. What's amazing about that is he didn't have a mask. He was named first team all-star seven times. He won a Conne Smythe playing for the Blues. He was the only reason why the Blues reached the Finals that year. He also has three Vezina's.

Bluesfan1981

Mar 21, 2006
USA
I don't mind Roy being #1. When I started this poll I knew that Roy will be first. I have him fourth on my list: Hall, Sawchuk and Plante being ahead of him.

I do, because he's overrated. Even though Roy is the best I've seen, I didn't vote for him because after studying it closely, I can't see how he comes out ahead of Plante and Sawchuk. Roy and Hall is very close, I think it could go either way.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
I don't mind Roy being #1. When I started this poll I knew that Roy will be first. I have him fourth on my list: Hall, Sawchuk and Plante being ahead of him. However, Brodeur isn't even close to being #2. I would put Brodeur around 8th or the 9th spot. It depends on what he does in the next couple of years and he might climb up.

I said this in the other thread Hall must be the most underrated player ever. He only has one vote. He played 502 consecutive games as a goalie. What's amazing about that is he didn't have a mask. He was named first team all-star seven times. He won a Conne Smythe playing for the Blues. He was the only reason why the Blues reached the Finals that year. He also has three Vezina's.

Well, one of two reasons. The other being that young upstart of a coach the Blues had.

I to don't have a problem with Roy winning. He doesn't deserve it as there is no way he's better than Sawchuk or Plante. But it's not totally out of the question. It's just very short sighted and poorly researched. And for my money, Hasek's better.

But Broduer? I like the guy and often defend him around here. But I sturggle to put him top 10. There are two guys not on the list now that are better IMO in Benedict and Broda.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
If Hasek's not voted the best goalie ever I'm not going to take any discussions regarding goalies serious in this forum. I don't care about the number of cups, because hockey is a team sport. But if you look at what Hasek did in 94-01 he is up there with Lemieux, Gretzky and Orr in pure dominance and individual awards. And he´s prime was just as long as Orr's!

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
If Hasek's not voted the best goalie ever I'm not going to take any discussions regarding goalies serious in this forum. I don't care about the number of cups, because hockey is a team sport. But if you look at what Hasek did in 94-01 he is up there with Lemieux, Gretzky and Orr in pure dominance and individual awards. And he´s prime was just as long as Orr's!

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=6274659&postcount=71

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
And if you look at what Hall did, on a good team not a great one, you'll see that his dominance was to the same degree as Hasek's but longer.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr each won two Conn Smythe Trophies during their peak. Hasek has none.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->