Greatest Defenceman of All Time #12

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Fetisov won with 31 votes and Langway will be added next. I am voting for Brad Park and add Cleghorn.

#1.Orr(89.26%)
#2.Shore(37.00%)
#3.Harvey(52.33%)
#4.Bourque(54.84%)
#5.Potvin(61.84%)
#6.Robinson(31.71%)
#7.Kelly(27.69%)
#8.Lidstrom(32.58%)
#9.Coffey(40.58%)
#10.Chelios(34.25%)
#11.Fetisov(44.29%)

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Even though I think Brad Park is the class of this field (and the best defenceman never to win a Norris among those who played since its inception), I'm going to withhold my vote to ensure there isn't a vote split. While Scott Stevens is one of my all-time favourite defencemen, there's no way Stevens or MacInnis should be voted in before Park, Pilote, Horton, Clancy, Seibert or Clapper.

Add Sprague Claguehorn. Bill Quackenbush, Brian Leetch and Borje Salming would be strong candidates for this point in time, too.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
earthstar said:
Brad Park. One of the most under-rated d-men of his time. Add Salming, another under-rated defender.
Park gets underrated for two reasons. 1) He never won a Norris Trophy. Chalk that one up to the Bobby Orr affect. But nobody would have beaten Orr for the Norris at his peak, except for maybe Eddie Shore. Park was a five-time all-star defenceman. 2) Never won a Stanley Cup. I think a good case could be made for Park being the best defenceman ever.

Park's winning in a landslide, which should be a surprise. Looks like he got a large vote shift from Fetisov. Expect to see much of Park's support slide to Pilote.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
canucksfan said:
Stevens isn't good enough to be in the top 10. Stevens is one of my favorite defencemen but he deserves to go around the 15th spot.
I wouldn't even say top 15. There are six defencemen - Park, Pilote, Horton, Clancy, Seibert and Clapper - who should go before Stevens. Stevens is one of my all-time favourite players, but more than half of the defencemen on this list were better.

Nifty=HHOF

Jul 8, 2004
Depressed Yankee Land
God Bless Canada said:
Park gets underrated for two reasons. 1) He never won a Norris Trophy. Chalk that one up to the Bobby Orr affect. But nobody would have beaten Orr for the Norris at his peak, except for maybe Eddie Shore. Park was a five-time all-star defenceman. 2) Never won a Stanley Cup. I think a good case could be made for Park being the best defenceman ever.

Park's winning in a landslide, which should be a surprise. Looks like he got a large vote shift from Fetisov. Expect to see much of Park's support slide to Pilote.

Gotta agree, been voting for Park for a number of rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad