Great fans at KHL arenas

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Of course Anton Fyodorov, a dentist by day and die-hard Ak Bars Kazan fan on nights:

img_8373.jpg

This guy is often seen in Ufa Arena, he's not less awesome than Anton:

1457812130197471846.jpg

And of course Sergei Chumin, I don't think we have had a game of CSKA or team Russia in Moscow without him in the stands in the last 10 years. Unfortunately I couldn't find a pic with his legendary beard in full swing, though:

e0724529de4cd54e3a2ee6a86b749120.jpg

tsamolotoff

May 7, 2017
Moscow

Our infamous Bars Band (well, the most active part of it), Moscow-based Ak Bars fan group. When the playoffs were mixed between the East and the West, we had 500+ people rooting for the team on Moscow games, it was amazing.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Riga has that guy with a witch mask and a trident, who also follows the national team.

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Well Jokerit fans. No indiviual fans, but Jokerit fans in general.

More than a thousand Jokerit-fans in Riga on a Sunday. Almost everyone had to get a day off from work for Monday... :( Last year the away game was on Saturday and there where more than 2000 fans. KHL sources say it was the biggest away-trip in KHL history.

View media item 1749This one is from this years smaller away trip.

Or how about a tifo for 50 year old Jokerit?

View media item 1747
It was the single largest tifo from Jokerit fans in the KHL history. It took many days, many long nights to do, but it was worth it!

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
KHL sources say it was the biggest away-trip in KHL history.
Would be curious about those sources as Slovan had three trips in Prague (in 12/13 a 13/14 seasons) and the away fans number ranged from 7000 to 11000.

Anyways, these twins are sort of iconic Slovan fans. One always "wears" Slovan's beard, the other beard of opponent team.
148013-bradaci-clanokW.jpg

Last edited:

powerplaymaker

Mar 5, 2018
Helsinki
Would be curious about those sources as Slovan had three trips in Prague (in 12/13 a 13/14 seasons) and the away fans number ranged from 7000 to 11000.

Anyways, these twins are sort of iconic Slovan fans. One always "wears" Slovan's beard, the other beard of opponent team.
148013-bradaci-clanokW.jpg

Let's forget those sources, that's amazing!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Most fans I have dealt with in different KHL cities have been very nice--however some do not consider the NHL to be the top league in the world
What does your statement even mean?

You are being suggestiv thying to fabricate a contradiction in being nice and not caring about a foreign league much?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
What does your statement even mean?

You are being suggestiv thying to fabricate a contradiction in being nice and not caring about a foreign league much?

I go to between 10 to 20 KHL games a year--mostly the fans are great and amused that I fly in from London to see games. But it gets amusing when the topic of NHL vs KHL comes up. Some are dead serious when they say the KHL is better then the NHL

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I go to between 10 to 20 KHL games a year--mostly the fans are great and amused that I fly in from London to see games. But it gets amusing when the topic of NHL vs KHL comes up. Some are dead serious when they say the KHL is better then the NHL
Some people are dead serious when they claim Gretzky was the best player all time, or that the NHL always was the best league.

In many ways the NHL is not better than the KHL. And robbing other countries of talent will only work that long. People mostly think in the moment. Ceterum censeo NHL delendam esse. That is a normal attitude of a normal russian fan. You will have to live with it. I don't need the NHL. And the way it does things I am ready to pay for reducing it to whatever status by all available means.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Some people are dead serious when they claim Gretzky was the best player all time, or that the NHL always was the best league.

In many ways the NHL is not better than the KHL. And robbing other countries of talent will only work that long. People mostly think in the moment. Ceterum censeo NHL delendam esse. That is a normal attitude of a normal russian fan. You will have to live with it. I don't need the NHL. And the way it does things I am ready to pay for reducing it to whatever status by all available means.

Not caring NHL at all and focusing on your favorite/national league is totally understandable but claiming that NHL is "not better than KHL in many ways" kind of delusional. Skill level, parity, consistency, management, financial power... NHL easily tops KHL in all of those. I'm fine with it personally; my expectation is only for KHL to get better, not compete with NHL. In a way this is "my" league and I'll prioritize it over NHL in most cases. But saying NHL is not better than KHL in many ways? Uh oh.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00