News Article: Grantland: How Did The Rangers Get Here

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
Pouliott was a ufa. Can't take this guy seriously lol

you misspelled a player's name while attempting to point out the invalidity of an article and shame the author.
are you to be taken seriously?

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Remove McDonagh and this team does not make the PO...
Sather really did great in this trade with Gainey...

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
He wasn't trying on this, for the same reason why he hasn't posted in an abnormally long time. He's waiting to post the brutal Habs eulogy that he supposedly has prepared.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We got here because we're one of the best teams in the league. We really are.

Insane depth, insane speed, best goalie in the league, best defensive defense in the league, best PK in the league.

This is an elite hockey team.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
We got here because we're one of the best teams in the league. We really are.

Insane depth, insane speed, best goalie in the league, best defensive defense in the league, best PK in the league.

This is an elite hockey team.

I feel like all I've read since the Nash trade is how flawed this team is and we will never win anything

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I feel like all I've read since the Nash trade is how flawed this team is and we will never win anything

Honestly, I wish that Slats had taken one more chance to upgrade this team. Not sure where, I just think one more player could've made us better equipped for the Finals. Maybe add Miller or Fast to upgrade on Stralman, Pouliot or Brassard. All of them did a fine job, but somewhere in the top-4 or the top-9, I wish we made a nice upgrade to make us stronger.

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Honestly, I wish that Slats had taken one more chance to upgrade this team. Not sure where, I just think one more player could've made us better equipped for the Finals. Maybe add Miller or Fast to upgrade on Stralman, Pouliot or Brassard. All of them did a fine job, but somewhere in the top-4 or the top-9, I wish we made a nice upgrade to make us stronger.

He did make that upgrade when he traded Cally for MSL. MSL, although much older than Cally is more of a threat offensively. I'd even say he's a better leader on the ice than Cally, and even plays just as well as Cally did on the pk

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Theres no 1 reason.

...but those are certainly 2 of them.

The cap and Lundqvist are the alpha and omega of the NYR paradigm shift. Everything else is filler.

In fact, if they cap was not required and Lundqvist wasn't drafted while the Rangers still made every single transaction they did from 2006 (everything from personal, players, or changing the garden food items), this team and I would have been in golf season a long time ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad