Recalled/Assigned: Grant (Regular), Poirier, Shinkaruk, Kulak (Emergency)

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Unless Hathaway had to be sent down because of an emergency recall, not a fan of him going back to Stockton. He looks like a shoe-in for a roster spot next season.

Will be interesting to see how Poirier, Shinkaruk and Kulak do but still nothing about Arnold. Fairly telling.

Wonder who sits though.

Starix

Jan 31, 2015
Wonder who sits though.

Jokipakka missed practice Sunday, guessing he's the dman. For emergency recalls don't they have to be injuries? I don't recall any forwards injured on Sat. Maybe Bouma he's taken a beating blocking shots.

moon*

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

I thought Hamilton looked about as good as could be expected. Not sure he should be on the big club for next year but definitely a good option as the 1st call-up/injury replacement guy.

Hathaway provided some great energy. I thought in the last few games he had some dumb penalties but certainly a better option than Bollig and honestly Ferland as the 4th line agitator/energy/tough guy role.

Hope to see Shinkaruk on the top line even though I do not believe he is a RW.

Grant really deserves this and would love to see him on the team as either the 3rd or 4th line center.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Awesome. Well deserved for Grant. Excited to see what Kulak, Shink and Poirier could potentially bring.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Unless Hathaway had to be sent down because of an emergency recall, not a fan of him going back to Stockton. He looks like a shoe-in for a roster spot next season.

Will be interesting to see how Poirier, Shinkaruk and Kulak do but still nothing about Arnold. Fairly telling.

Wonder who sits though.

If he's a shoe-in for next season, why not send him down and see what the other guys can do? If Hathaway has met his expectations, it makes sense to keep going and see who else might fit.

moon*

I hope Hathaway is not a shoe-in for next year.

He doesn't seem to have any offensive ability and again took some bad penalties.

He was a great energy guy but he should be fighting for a spot every year and likely out of the running for the team when they are competing for a Cup.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If he's a shoe-in for next season, why not send him down and see what the other guys can do? If Hathaway has met his expectations, it makes sense to keep going and see who else might fit.

Fair enough.

Given how Hartley and Treliving talked about putting players in positions to succeed, all of the forwards called up today should be in the top-9.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Poirier
Shinkaruk - Bennett - Ferland
Jooris - Grant - Colborne
Bouma - Backlund - Frolik

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Fair enough.

Given how Hartley and Treliving talked about putting players in positions to succeed, all of the forwards called up today should be in the top-9.

Shinkaruk - Bennett - Ferland
Jooris - Grant - Colborne
Bouma - Backlund - Frolik

Kinda reminds me of Poirier's first training camp. They released him earlier than most fans had expected, but that's because he had met all of their expectations. I think they see that Hathaway can be that gritty energy 4th liner.

As for your lines, I'd go with something slightly different.

Shinkaruk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Grant - Colborne
Bouma - Jooris - Ferland

I would keep Frolik up with the younger guys. Make sure each rookie has a veteran to line with.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
As for your lines, I'd go with something slightly different.

Shinkaruk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Grant - Colborne
Bouma - Jooris - Ferland

I would keep Frolik up with the younger guys. Make sure each rookie has a veteran to line with.

Switch Backlund and Bennett and I'd be good with it. Can't see them giving up on Bennett at centre at this stage.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
personally I think Hathaway makes the team next year, along with Freddie; so it makes sense to send them down and see what else they got. I like what tre is doing. The forward group is gonna look awful without Johnny tho hahah

Shinkaruk - Monahan - Poirier?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->