Injury Report: Grant Clitsome not expected to play this season.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
I think this will be the end of hockey for him, back issues suck, once you screw your back up its basically toast for the rest of your life ( I know),I feel for the guy, he is an absolute gentlemen and consummate pro. Proof of this was on display the first Jets skills competition when he was one of the only Jets to come and sign Autographs for the kids. I hope he is able to live a long and healthy life after hockey.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Thought Grant was pretty reliable defenseman overall.
Probably the end of the line with this being a serious back issue requiring 2 surgeries in a one year period.
I wish him the very best and hope his back recovers 100%

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Does this mean Nikolaj can wear 24? Similar to the Bogosian-Postma change?

But that does suck. Clitsome was a decent 3rd paring defender.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I was quite bummed out when I heard this news. Sad for the guy...

I'm sure this wasn't a big surprise revelation for him today. He probably knew where things were at wrt his back and knew he wasn't going to be playing anytime soon. Still sucks though...

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Clitsome had the occasional brain-fart, but he was a pretty good #5/6 d-man on a good contract. Moved the puck well, was physical, could play on the PP, and showed some offensive ability. Very unfortunate for him, and a loss for the Jets.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Clitsome had the occasional brain-fart, but he was a pretty good #5/6 d-man on a good contract. Moved the puck well, was physical, could play on the PP, and showed some offensive ability. Very unfortunate for him, and a loss for the Jets.

Yeah, he was a nice pick up for Chevy off the waiver wire and played well in the 5-6 spot for us.

Its too bad it had to end this way for him.

AngelicAssassin*

Damn! Tough luck for "The New Guy". It's tough getting hurt during the season but to know you're done before the season even starts has to be demoralizing.

All the best, Grant!

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Chevy got a lot of value out of that waiver wire pick up, didn't he? Best of luck, Clitty. I'm sure that you invested in your future with the free money that you were given.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Chevy hinted at this, I'm not surprised.

Rough one

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Best wishes for Clitty. He still has a $2 million payday coming which should be a decent retirement fund. It is a poor way to end a career for a pro athlete but there is nothing to be done about it.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
I think that's it for his NHL career. He's a guy that needs to play a physical styled game, and I don't think his body is cut out for it. He'll be 30 this year, not a great age to be recovering from a chronic back problem.

That said, he's made over 10 million dollars from 205 NHL / 169 AHL games in his career, so not too shabby to retire on. He'll be just fine. If he were to retire at the end of this season, he'd have earned an average of $33,689 per game.
That's what I posted in this thread, and I stand by it. I hope he calls it a career after this.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Too bad for Grant seemed like a great guy. He grew on me as a player as well, pretty decent D man that was sneaky good on the 2nd unit PP.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Turned out to be a good waiver pick up for us. He is probably done now, and I would be surprised to see him trying his hand at coaching, if that is his thing.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
Too bad. He was a very good 3rd-pairing Dman, and competent on the 2nd-pairing, and a left-sider at that, which the team needs. I'll remember him for breaking up those 2-on-1's when Buff got stranded in the offensive zone. :help: Hopefully, he's saved his earnings, and has something to retire on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->