Grand Theft Auto V

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Yeah, man, it's brutally tough to get 3 decent teammates together to work through a heist mission.

Edit: If you're on ps4 my brother and I wouldn't mind helping you out with some heists.
That is what I played on; appreciate the offer but it's been a long time since I've last played and I can barely keep up with my current backlog so I've kind of moved on from GTA5. I should have posted here years ago when I was looking for people to play with though haha.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I agree... the freshness of the graphics and seeing Liberty City in clean HD was the only saving grace of the game, in my opinion.

Niko was an uninspired, unrelatable character, reminded me a lot of Claude from GTA 3. The relationship with Roman was way overplayed and un-funny.

That, and when all was said and done you were left with a big beautiful city that had...nothing to do.

Money was stupidly pointless also. You spend half the game bitching about being poor and then when you actually begin to get a nice chunk of $ in the game (way too early IMO) after you rob the bank....there's nothing good to buy.

Sep 19, 2008
gta iv and v weren't as bad as people make it. only complaint is it taking two hours just to load GTA online.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Lamar Davis remains probably the best GTA supporting cast member of all time.
+1 to you. Good opinion, homie.

That is what I played on; appreciate the offer but it's been a long time since I've last played and I can barely keep up with my current backlog so I've kind of moved on from GTA5. I should have posted here years ago when I was looking for people to play with though haha.
Well, I play a variety of different games and my PSN is the same as my name here, so if you ever want to play hockey or anything shoot me a friend request.

That, and when all was said and done you were left with a big beautiful city that had...nothing to do.

Money was stupidly pointless also. You spend half the game *****ing about being poor and then when you actually begin to get a nice chunk of $ in the game (way too early IMO) after you rob the bank....there's nothing good to buy.
Yeah, that's a pretty annoying game-play arc.

I can honestly say that I did not have fun with GTA IV...which is the greatest crime a GTA can commit.

I never want to hear the words bowling or cousin again.
I agree, GTA 4 was cool because it was the transition into the HD universe of GTA. I would imagine that this transition is what led to a weaker story-line and gameplay.

gta iv and v weren't as bad as people make it. only complaint is it taking two hours just to load GTA online.
I agree that GTA 5 is unfairly criticized, but GTA 4 was just not great in my opinion. It seemed like a shell of a GTA game with not a whole lot to do. It's the only GTA game that I don't have a desire to replay (I've replayed every other GTA since GTA 2).

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
gta iv isn't bad because of the dlc. plus the guest stars. Bill Burr in gta iv lol
Bill Burr in gta 4 was hilarious, lol. If you don't take the storyline seriously it's actually kind of funny. "Hey cousin... it is your cousin...."

Desdichado93

Jan 7, 2012
Sweden
If you want to enjoy GTAV online, I think you need to make your own server and have a sort of application join process.
That way you can customize the game to your liking with custom clothes, custom textures for vehicles, dispatch central for
emergency server and etc. You can also create a very strict set of rules to prevent people from just acting like a-hs.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
If you want to enjoy GTAV online, I think you need to make your own server and have a sort of application join process.
That way you can customize the game to your liking with custom clothes, custom textures for vehicles, dispatch central for
emergency server and etc. You can also create a very strict set of rules to prevent people from just acting like a-hs.
Yeah, PC would be the ultimate for that. I play on ps4, so there's not much customization for me there. lol

Sep 19, 2008
People keep criticizing GTA V but it was responsible for comedy like this.

QyXE1yF.gif

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
This is absolutely sick. Almost photorealistic. Some of the stuff look a bit weird like the wind blowing some leaves but overall it just look breathtaking

I've never liked mods that add real cars to GTA. It's immersion breaking, I don't know why more don't just make new cars for the existing manufacturers. Also, in the video the modded cars clearly have better textures than everything around them. It's a little off putting.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I would recommend you to tune in at this twitch stream. They have their own custom made server and they put allot of work into it.
Hey won't play GTA V every night though and not much streaming the nearest week.
I'll check that out. Always love watching streamers.

This is absolutely sick. Almost photorealistic. Some of the stuff look a bit weird like the wind blowing some leaves but overall it just look breathtaking

Holy Cannoli... This game blows my mind.

I've never liked mods that add real cars to GTA. It's immersion breaking, I don't know why more don't just make new cars for the existing manufacturers. Also, in the video the modded cars clearly have better textures than everything around them. It's a little off putting.
I agree here, I wouldn't want to play with these mods on, but they sure are pretty to look at!

A GTA game with real licensed cars in it would be sweet.
I prefer the way it is now. I like the custom-made GTA vehicles because they cherry-pick different parts from different cars and it really makes for some awesome hodge-podge vehicles.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Nah, GTA with invincible cars doesn't sound as fun.

I remember the fuss around Gran Turismo when it first came out back in the PS1 days and people were like "Why no damage on the cars ? "

So yeah GTA without destructible cars wouldn't be GTA. But as a mod i think it look cool

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I remember the fuss around Gran Turismo when it first came out back in the PS1 days and people were like "Why no damage on the cars ? "

So yeah GTA without destructible cars wouldn't be GTA. But as a mod i think it look cool

There was a variant of this as a cheat code for years in older versions of the game where cars would either float away or explode if you hit them with another car.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I can honestly say that I did not have fun with GTA IV...which is the greatest crime a GTA can commit.

I never want to hear the words bowling or cousin again.

I really tried with GTA IV. Lasted about 5 missions. I guess it was a masterwork in its time.

Of course I was spoiled by finishing GTA V beforehand.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Driving is what makes people dislike IV, because it's the most realistic driving physics (note: not saying it's realistic since it doesn't take 500m to brake & irl cars don't steer like boats, but when compared to the rest of the franchise) Rockstar has made in a GTA game. Most people don't want that in a GTA game.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Driving is what makes people dislike IV, because it's the most realistic driving physics (note: not saying it's realistic since it doesn't take 500m to brake & irl cars don't steer like boats, but when compared to the rest of the franchise) Rockstar has made in a GTA game. Most people don't want that in a GTA game.
Yeah I agree, I think realistic driving is more suited for racing games. While GTA could be considered a "driving game", I don't think driving is the main focus.

I really tried with GTA IV. Lasted about 5 missions. I guess it was a masterwork in its time.

Of course I was spoiled by finishing GTA V beforehand.
I can certainly see how playing GTA V before GTA IV would really put a damper on things, GTA IV was good for the transition to the HD universe, but that was about it.

It got amazing reviews for some reason. Very drab looking game with many frustrating glitches.
Rockstar can do no wrong in many reviewers eyes. Most AAA games from huge developers get crazy high ratings, especially games like GTA which only come out like twice a decade.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->