Grand Theft Auto V

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
IMO GTA IV and V are basically just remakes of GTAIII and GTA SA with better graphics. The settings are the same, the basic story lines
are basically the same . I hope that GTA VI will feature a new city but I think that Rockstar will re-use Liberty City or Vice City.

I would love a GTA London/Paris/Chicago/Honolulu. Something fresh rather then the same old.

Cant do that! Only can have guns and violence in American citites! :laugh:

Reactions: Desdichado30

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Pretty sure there’s a GTA thread that went like 2000 posts.

But ya, it’s probably a top 5 game all time for me. I think I’ve got 1000+ hours into online alone. I’m currently working on the platinum trophy for it, and I’ve got like 2 trophies left
I tried searching for one but couldn't find it anywhere on the boards. I thought for sure there had to be one at one point, but couldn't find it.

I 100% completed the last gen version, but had no interest in online. One of the worst matchmaking systems I've ever seen in a popular game, and since my friends and I have gotten older, we either don't play online enough, or never play at the same time, making all the heists and extra content mostly a no go for me (and I generally don't play with people I don't know anymore, I can't stand the immaturity).

It's a fantastic game. The gameplay is so tight and polished, the story is fantastic, the world is amazing (especially on the current gen version with the upgraded engine), but I think it ruined the franchise. It might have ruined Rockstar. They made way too much money (by some estimates, over six billion USD), and there is no incentive for them to ever make a single player game again. I'm rather surprised RDR 2 is even coming out.

And yes, there was a thread. Last posts were probably last summer, and it might have been lost in the transition to the new boards.
Yeah, I 100%'d PS3 version, never had the desire to re-do it on ps4. But I couldn't agree more about the match making the loading screens are brutal. This has always been a huge gripe of mine.

Yeah, the amount of money made from this game is obscene. I hope that the single-player doesn't become a shell of a game, as I still very much enjoy single-player story mode.

I'd rather not play another GTA game again than play another minute in that online hellhole.

I don't care that it exists, but I care deeply that they killed single-player plans to feed that beast. I'm legitimately unable to get hyped for RDR2, which under normal circumstances would be one of my most hyped games ever, because of how lousy the taste is my mouth over this.

Not that the vehemently anti-online sector of gamers amounts to so much as a speed bump when it comes to potential profits to be gained, though. There's money to be had, and it's usually in doing something that annoys me :laugh:

I know it comes off as sour grapes because it is sour grapes, I put in ~100 really enjoyable hours with the game...I just wanted to spend more and I was fully intending on it until the single-player DLC just disappeared without a further mention because online was just too profitable. GTA Online became the reason I wasn't playing a game I love, and eventually a few years of that kind of grudge manifests into good, old-fashioned spiteful hatred.

That makes perfectly good sense. I can understand that. It's pretty disappointing to see the single-player modes go by the way-side. I wouldn't have even minded a reasonably priced paid DLC for the single-player. The online monster is quite an overwhelming thing these days :\

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I think the next GTA should be set in Australia for the laughs.
th

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
IMO GTA IV and V are basically just remakes of GTAIII and GTA SA with better graphics. The settings are the same, the basic story lines
are basically the same . I hope that GTA VI will feature a new city but I think that Rockstar will re-use Liberty City or Vice City.

I would love a GTA London/Paris/Chicago/Honolulu. Something fresh rather then the same old.
Man, honestly, as much as I would love a fresh setting... The idea of Vice City with the mechanics of GTA V ( + more) is mouthwatering to me.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I'm skeptical a new single player GTA will even be created. Unless the Houser's made so much money that they don't even care anymore about the costs of developing a major AAA game, we just have to go back to their comments on GTA V single player which they saw as "unnecessary." If story-based expansions were unnecessary, why is another story driven game in the cards? Hope I'm wrong, but I won't be surprised at all to see "GTA Online II: Vice City" be their next title.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I'm skeptical a new single player GTA will even be created. Unless the Houser's made so much money that they don't even care anymore about the costs of developing a major AAA game, we just have to go back to their comments on GTA V single player which they saw as "unnecessary." If story-based expansions were unnecessary, why is another story driven game in the cards? Hope I'm wrong, but I won't be surprised at all to see "GTA Online II: Vice City" be their next title.
Yeah, i was not very inspired by that comment. A large portion of the fan-base really enjoys playing the single player mode, and the fact that they referred to it as "unnecessary" was kind of ridiculous. Even someone like myself who really enjoys the multi-player and has logged TONS of hours online, I still really value the single player aspect of the game, as most players do.

Nothing is confirmed but various articles says that next game is Vice City + a few missions in South America.
Yeah, I saw that. I would honestly like that. The Miami Vice setting is one of my favorites when it comes to crime fiction.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

I suspect you may be right, although it seems a shame when they could double dip in both the multiplayer and single player crowds.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Sadly I'd have to agree with this. Either that or they'll give us an extremely lazy, short, boring campaign just so they can say they had one and then go all out on the multiplayer. It's what CoD and other successful franchise have been doing for years. Look at the most popular games right now. They're either MOBA/hero shooters with no campaign or they're Battle Royale games with no campaign. Fortnite has a "campaign", but nobody gave a shit about it until they released the F2P Battle Royale mode. Seems to be a dying art unfortunately.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I dont care if we never get another GTA 'story'.

I would be just as happy to get new cities and locales to play in. The story is completely superfluous. Especially in 5; the story was ridiculous.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
I haven't played this game in a long time - probably close to 2 years now. I enjoyed it a lot, but I feel overwhelmed with all of the new content online now. I think I was around level 50ish and had a penthouse near the construction site and a bunch of vehicles (including an armoured Kuruma). I had a lot of fun with the heists, hosting them was a blast.

What are the best modes to play online now? I saw they have stunt racing, as well as new heists and whatnot. What do people recommend as the most fun and easy to get into?

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Sadly I'd have to agree with this. Either that or they'll give us an extremely lazy, short, boring campaign just so they can say they had one and then go all out on the multiplayer. It's what CoD and other successful franchise have been doing for years. Look at the most popular games right now. They're either MOBA/hero shooters with no campaign or they're Battle Royale games with no campaign. Fortnite has a "campaign", but nobody gave a **** about it until they released the F2P Battle Royale mode. Seems to be a dying art unfortunately.
Yep, that's the path that gaming is taking these days. Games like Skyrim and Fallout are gems in the current landscape, but they're few and far between and are now exceptions to this rule, not the standards.

Vice City is my favorite GTA setting, so getting that setting with GTA V's gameplay/graphics would be a dream come true...making it online only, though.

tenor.gif
Agreed entirely.

I haven't played this game in a long time - probably close to 2 years now. I enjoyed it a lot, but I feel overwhelmed with all of the new content online now. I think I was around level 50ish and had a penthouse near the construction site and a bunch of vehicles (including an armoured Kuruma). I had a lot of fun with the heists, hosting them was a blast.

What are the best modes to play online now? I saw they have stunt racing, as well as new heists and whatnot. What do people recommend as the most fun and easy to get into?
Yeah, if you haven't played for a while it can certainly be overwhelming.

Honestly, I play the new heists mostly (DoomsDay Heists), but they require a lot of money to host if you're starting, as you need to have a "Facility". The stunt races are a lot of fun and they're pretty easy to jump into, as the style of car that you're using doesn't matter as much, so custom cars are a wash, mostly.

There is a bug that you can utilize in the 2nd series of Doomsday Heists that allows you to make $1,000,000 each time you do it. This is how I've been gaining GTA money, as any other way to make money is so grind-intensive. Being able to easily make $2m / hour makes the game WAY more fun, because you don't have to fret about every purchase.

It would take AGES to save up $3m + but with the Doomsday bug you can have that in just a couple hours and get your new car. The worthwhile things are all a few million, so I don't feel bad "abusing" this glitch...

I'd think that 2-3 hours of grinding to buy each new property/vehicle that you want is reasonable.

Reactions: 50 Sheas of Grey

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I just started going through my 3rd playthrough of GTA V myself. My old PS4 was so broken I could not move save data so here we go.

As a game/story, it's not the best one. With these improved mechanics it is the only one I really have the temper/time to play.

As for GTA Online, I played it once back when they gave 500k free to those who tried it. That was during launch times in 2013. Other than that, no thanks.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I'd love to get back into the online but none of my friends play GTA/play online so the heists were so frustrating (only ever succeeded in the first 1 that needed 2 people; with randoms, four people sticking it all the way through a mission, let alone the end heist, was so rare). Played randomly here and there and then never got back into it.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I'd love to get back into the online but none of my friends play GTA/play online so the heists were so frustrating (only ever succeeded in the first 1 that needed 2 people; with randoms, four people sticking it all the way through a mission, let alone the end heist, was so rare). Played randomly here and there and then never got back into it.
Yeah, man, it's brutally tough to get 3 decent teammates together to work through a heist mission.

Edit: If you're on ps4 my brother and I wouldn't mind helping you out with some heists.

Reactions: Bocephus86

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Haven't played GTA V online in months. I'm on PS3 though.

Managed to do every heist online like 4 times. After that, and dealing with legions of mouthbreathing idiots....what's the point???

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
GTA IV was crap overall IMO.
I agree... the freshness of the graphics and seeing Liberty City in clean HD was the only saving grace of the game, in my opinion.

Niko was an uninspired, unrelatable character, reminded me a lot of Claude from GTA 3. The relationship with Roman was way overplayed and un-funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad