Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
No problem. I'm very happy to be part of history and inside the arena when it happened. Long time coming. Looking forward to the parade/rally on Friday. First parade (2013 they had a rally at Van Andel Arena a few days after winning the cup in Syracuse) ever. Should be something to watch as well as the outdoor rally. Hope the weather cooperates.

Really appreciate your recaps. Well done sir

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Parade/rally had a real good turnout at Rosa Parks Circle. Got a free Calder Cup Champs t-shirt. The boys were in black/red/silver trucks touring downtown GR with Cleary and Coreau each riding a motorized scooter in the route. Our radio play by play guys and our PA announcer got the rally going, speakers were Dan DeVos (team owner) made his speech and our mayor, who she made a proclamation that today is Griffins Day. They showed several viedos on how the Griffins got to the Championship. Coach Nelson made a speech and then Nathan Paetsch introduced the team.

Buzz at the rally that the Wings did not offer Callahan a contract for next season & that the Wings gave a qualifying offer to Frk to come back for next season. No details on the offer. No word yet on Street & Pasquale so far. Cloudy day as the sun came out just before the rally started. The rally lasted about an hour. Griffins start defense of the Calder Cup on October 6, 2017 at Van Andel Arena as the team officially announced their home opener/Calder Cup Championship banner raising night at the rally.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Very interesting. I guess the Nathan Paetch era is officially over in Grand Rapids.

Lashoff, McIlrath, Hicketts, Renouff, Russo, Hronek, Sulak, Saarijarvi(?)

8 dudes competing for minutes already.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
don't believe this needs a thread:

Latest from Twitter
Close

Ansar Khan
@AnsarKhanMLive
#RedWings depth signing for @griffinshockey Center Turner Elson one year. Played one game for Calgary last season. 6-0, 195. He's 24.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Bob Kaser†@bkaser1
Biggest loss of all, @Mcally15 to sign two-way deal w/Edmonton Oilers. 365 reg. season gms in GR (2011-17), 60 playoff gms, two Calder Cups!

Good luck Mitch, this guy was always a trooper.

BkQb3ThCAAAjq08.jpg

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Hi everyone!

I was hoping that you'd be able to help me out. I am currently running a fantasy game on the Rangers board. Based on how a prospect is described on HF (i.e. you need to play a certain number of games in the NHL to be considered graduated) I need a list of your teams top 10 prospects if you don't include players drafted in the entry draft this year.

Would you be able to provide me a list of your top prospects prior to this years entry draft, I would really help me out for my game.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: actually it's something like this

1. Svechnikov. 2. Cholowski. 3. Bertuzzi. 4. Shadowy. 5. Saarijarvi. 6.russo. 7.holmstrom. 8. Smith. 9. Hronek. 10. Hicketts

I'm sure it's changed majorly since then. Someone else will give you a better answer

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->