Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
As I'm sure people do and don't know that I attend Griffins games on the regular and have for years since my youth. I've seen them suck and win a championship while the red wings dominate and now suck. So I'll show some insight from games I see and how are younger team is doing. And if anyone else can share Griffins games they see chip right in! I do have some spare free tickets if anyone wants to go to tonight's game vs the Rockford Icehogs I have a couple spare tickets for free.

So I'll start from my view of lasts nights game vs the checkers.(hurricanes farm
Squad)

Cal Heeter looks afraid in net

Svech looks the best I've ever seen him.

The refs blew calls for both teams.

H.Fleury ate a crap ton of minutes and definitely has top pair upside.

It was cool seeing Jake Chelios. He ate up good minutes and got prime ice time.

No flow to the game really. Horrible calls and flash scoring.

Callahan was doing good in the face off dot and controlled the offensive zone while in possession of the puck.

Happy Saturday fellas!

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Didn't notice that there wasn't a Griffins thread. Thanks for the update, honestly someone like Callahan feels forgotten with the Millers and Glendenings having such a stranglehold on those bottom 6 jobs.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Hopefully you stick with this and keep giving us little details here and there other than the score sheet. What do you think of Tomas Nosek and Joe Hicketts' game this season?

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
Didn't notice that there wasn't a Griffins thread. Thanks for the update, honestly someone like Callahan feels forgotten with the Millers and Glendenings having such a stranglehold on those bottom 6 jobs.

Yes truly he has. The guy is a favorite on the roster and call out the puck in the net and has some great grit. Could definitely fit on an NHL roster

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
Hopefully you stick with this and keep giving us little details here and there other than the score sheet. What do you think of Tomas Nosek and Joe Hicketts' game this season?

I definitely will. And Nosek is very sound on the defensive side and is good in the circle. Offensively he loses the puck easily and doesn't play to his fram but has the compete level to grow.

Hicketts amazes me. He isn't hard on the puck and is one of the strongest Griffins outside Svech and tangradi. Guy brings is every night and loves to play the body

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Looks like Svechnikov has been elevated to the 2nd line with Street and Callahan. Actually, seems like he is stepping in for Tangradi.

Game tonight will be free to watch:

Nice, thanks, I'm defintely gonna take advantage of this.

By the way if you copy the number at the end of the link and put it between [ Tweet][/MEDIA] (no space), you can embed the tweet like in my quote.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Looks like Svechnikov has been elevated to the 2nd line with Street and Callahan. Actually, seems like he is stepping in for Tangradi.

Game tonight will be free to watch:

https://twitter.com/griffinshockey/status/817838500976402436?s=09

Awesome!

I was going to sign up to a yearly subscription until I saw the price. Damn, $250 for regular season only??? :rant:

I would pay a $100 if it included playoffs... but not $250

Thanks for the link. I may still check out the stream.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Really it's $250?!

How do they justiy that if I pay $120 for every NHL game?

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I'll be watching this game until the lions game begins, I think. Used to watch a lot more griffins but my source went down =\

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
Street: 2 goals

Criscuolo: 1 goal

Grand Rapids dominated

Viktor Svedberg appears to have broken his leg. Could hear his scream through the whole
Building

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Really it's $250?!

How do they justiy that if I pay $120 for every NHL game?

I was going to explain this by explaining the cost of setting up a printing press and how the price per thousand drops dramatically with ever increasing quantity. I would think these margins hold true when it comes to this type of service. If they had a million more subscribers on which to spread the cost of operations, sure maybe it could be viable to operate at half the price while not losing money.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I was going to explain this by explaining the cost of setting up a printing press and how the price per thousand drops dramatically with ever increasing quantity. I would think these margins hold true when it comes to this type of service. If they had a million more subscribers on which to spread the cost of operations, sure maybe it could be viable to operate at half the price while not losing money.

Yea, but the quality is garbage. The NHL needs to have a system more like this (and the NBA) though, where you can buy individual games. Now the NBA is considering a last 5 minutes option so you can tune into the end of a close game, which is an awesome idea for that particular sport as little as I like it.

I just can't see how anyone would pay $250 for the regular season with such poor stream quality, I mean I've seen worse, but it's pretty bad.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
Yea, but the quality is garbage. The NHL needs to have a system more like this (and the NBA) though, where you can buy individual games. Now the NBA is considering a last 5 minutes option so you can tune into the end of a close game, which is an awesome idea for that particular sport as little as I like it.

I just can't see how anyone would pay $250 for the regular season with such poor stream quality, I mean I've seen worse, but it's pretty bad.
I haven't tried it, it would be cool if it was integrated into the NHL service though. I get that for "free" because I pay Rogers stupid money for cellphones and internet.

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
Sorry my phone died guys but a great game. ice hogs looked like **** like they have all year. Frk, Street, Hicketts, Heeter all had good games. Although he doesn't really have any flare to his game I'm excited to see Turgeon grow. He turns his defense into offense. And I've been very unimpressed by Sadowy. No hustle, not good at anything, just glides, pushed off the puck easily. Really don't think he will push for an NHL spot ever

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
As for Nosek, he has a small scoring streak of 7-8 games. Last nights was an EN goal, but he has been going to the net lately and does well there

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
As I'm sure people do and don't know that I attend Griffins games on the regular and have for years since my youth. I've seen them suck and win a championship while the red wings dominate and now suck. So I'll show some insight from games I see and how are younger team is doing. And if anyone else can share Griffins games they see chip right in! I do have some spare free tickets if anyone wants to go to tonight's game vs the Rockford Icehogs I have a couple spare tickets for free.

So I'll start from my view of lasts nights game vs the checkers.(hurricanes farm
Squad)

Cal Heeter looks afraid in net

Svech looks the best I've ever seen him.

The refs blew calls for both teams.

H.Fleury ate a crap ton of minutes and definitely has top pair upside.

It was cool seeing Jake Chelios. He ate up good minutes and got prime ice time.

No flow to the game really. Horrible calls and flash scoring.

Callahan was doing good in the face off dot and controlled the offensive zone while in possession of the puck.

Happy Saturday fellas!

Thanks for the scouting report! :yo:

What do you think of Todd Nelson? There's part of me that wants him as our next coach in Detroit, but there's part of me that likes the results we're getting with Blashill as far as helping us improve our chances of acquiring elite talent by drafting near the top of the draft. I know Nelson was popular in Edmonton but they wanted to go with a proven coach in Todd McLellan. During the Red Wings game last night they mentioned the Griffins have only had 3 games out of the last 19 where they failed to get at least one point. It sounds like he's doing a real good job, particularly without Mantha and Athanasiou who were supposed to be in Grand Rapids this year!

burrythebiscuit*

Mar 6, 2016
Thanks for the scouting report! :yo:

What do you think of Todd Nelson? There's part of me that wants him as our next coach in Detroit, but there's part of me that likes the results we're getting with Blashill as far as helping us improve our chances of acquiring elite talent by drafting near the top of the draft. I know Nelson was popular in Edmonton but they wanted to go with a proven coach in Todd McLellan. During the Red Wings game last night they mentioned the Griffins have only had 3 games out of the last 19 where they failed to get at least one point. It sounds like he's doing a real good job, particularly without Mantha and Athanasiou who were supposed to be in Grand Rapids this year!

No problem!

It's funny you mention that. I was thinking how he would do with the red wings. His system is definitely more efficient then blashill. Whether that is he actually has the players trust compared to blashills trust of the wings or whatever. I would give him a shot but I think the wings chances are shot this year so I wouldn't bring him up because if we miss the playoffs might as well gun for that top pick! Have a good one man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad