Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2014/15 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Jensen hasn't left the ice hardly at all tonight. Being leaned on even over Ouellet tonight. Has had an impressive game, Ouellet did have an off night, but still seems like Blash is going to put Jensen over the 25+ minute mark by the end of overtime, if he is not even already past it.

loudernow*

Jensen hasn't left the ice hardly at all tonight. Being leaned on even over Ouellet tonight. Has had an impressive game, Ouellet did have an off night, but still seems like Blash is going to put Jensen over the 25+ minute mark by the end of overtime, if he is not even already past it.
Jensen is underrated. The guy has talent.

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
Im still weary about frk. I watch almost all the walleyes weekend home games. Hes still producing points but at the same time he doesnt stand out at all and makes a lot of stupid mistakes.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Not surprisingly at all Blash puts Zengerle on the top line due to Callahan injury.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
We are starting to get to the point where even with a NHL callup in March for the playoffs if they go that route Teemu will likely lead the AHL in goals this season regardless of missing 10+ games. That is simply amazing.

Reminds me of Eberle's lockout season where he led the AHL in points for three or four weeks after the lockout ended. :laugh:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Athansiou with his 10th goal of the season. Beautiful back-check and chip pass by Mantha sets him in, then a pretty soft goal but still, those two seem to have pretty good chemistry which is exciting.

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Athansiou with his 10th goal of the season. Beautiful back-check and chip pass by Mantha sets him in, then a pretty soft goal but still, those two seem to have pretty good chemistry which is exciting.

Definitely. I'm still expecting a Jurco-like 2nd half from Mantha. He definitely seems to be getting better lately.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

More points (and goals) than Mantha in 9 less games. And they are only a month apart in age.

Seems like he consistently is underrated by us on here.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
AA had another great chance toward the end of the period, rang a one timer of the post.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Zengerle scored off a sick play from Tvrdon and AA but it doesn't seem to be on AHL.com for some reason.

Tvrdon also had a nice slapper and looked real good this game, he and Ferraro played well together.

Mantha finished it off with an empty netter from AA.

Looks like when they add that other goal AA is looking at a 1 goal 2 assist game, looked damn good since coming back from injury.

Last edited:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
If Mantha and AA are both healthy all next season I expect them to be 60+ point players on the top line.

Oct 18, 2006
If Mantha and AA are both healthy all next season I expect them to be 60+ point players on the top line.
AA has 10 goals and 23 points with a +11 in 30 games. That is awesome. I think he'd even be far succeeding DRW's expectations for him this season.

Next season is huge for him. Stagnate and he moves off the radar a bit with so many others coming through, rip it up even more and he's looking at a full time spot in 2016/17.

Brandel*

Athanasiou has a point in every game since he's returned. 3G, 4A in 5 games. Mantha has 5 points in the 5 games since then.

Mantha has 8 points in his last 9 games as well.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Athanasiou has a point in every game since he's returned. 3G, 4A in 5 games. Mantha has 5 points in the 5 games since then.

Mantha has 8 points in his last 9 games as well.

I am really excited about AA. With his speed and skill he has a ton of potential.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
To the GR faithful who watch all the games, has Mantha turned a corner playing with AA? Seems like he's been doing better in the last handful of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->