Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins 2014/15 Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
WE have a slew of forwards. Maybe some will end up taken on waivers. Some will go to Toledo. The Wings are truly investing into/expanding their development system. Along with the Griffs.

These forwards will start in GRG (probably) or TW
Anthony Mantha - Teemu Pulkkinen
Jeff Hoggan - Mark Zengerle
Tomas Nosek - Andreas Athanasiou
Martin Frk - Alden Hirschfeld - Colin Campbell
Shane Berschbach - Kyle Bonis - Tyler Barnes
Marek Tvrdon - Louis-Marc Aubry

These players need to go through the waiver process (I think) so may be picked up by other clubs
Mitch Callahan - Andrej Nestrasil - Landon Ferraro
Andy Miele - Kevin Porter

Tomas Jurco - may stay up in DRW

Set defensemen in GRG
Nathan Paetsch - Alexei Marchenko
Xavier Ouellet - Ryan Sproul
Mattias Backman - Nick Jensen
Brennan Evans - Richard Nedomlel

probably GRG goalies
Petr Mrazek
Thomas McCollum

Walleye Goalies:
Jared Coreau
Jake Paterson

Who/which players will the Walleye get for the new coach Derek Lalonde? He was USHL Coach of the Year in 2012 and Head Coach of Team USA’s U19 GOLD winning National Team. (Maybe the Walleye will need a sticky next season). Does he now become the "prima facie" coach for the Griffs whenever Blash moves?

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Kessel might not have been playing tonight but the Leafs iced some pretty serious NHL talent. Have to think AHL coaches are shuttering at what they saw out of our young D-core (who might all be or most will be in the AHL) and Mrazek looking lights out again.

They are going to be a tough team to get much going on at the AHL level. Have a chance to be flat out dominate.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
GR lost both pre-season games vs Lake Erie. 5-2 and 6-3. Last night they gave up 3 goals on 7 shots in the last two periods while scoring only 2 on 28 shots in the same time themselves... Full game shot totals 38-18 GR.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
GR lost both pre-season games vs Lake Erie. 5-2 and 6-3. Last night they gave up 3 goals on 7 shots in the last two periods while scoring only 2 on 28 shots in the same time themselves... Full game shot totals 38-18 GR.

Who were Griffins goalies on those games?

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL

We gave up 11 goals and only scored 5 goals in two games? This team is doomed. We'll be lucky to make the payoffs. Fire Holland.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I was at the game last night (6-3 loss) Coreau looked really bad which isn't shocking. Sproul and Frk were the best players by far, but Sproul made a few mistakes, one of which led to a breakaway goal.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Mantha - Athanasiou - Pulkkinen
Callahan - Zengerle - Ferraro
Nestrasil - Nosek - Frk
Tvrdon - Aubry - Campbell

Ouellet - Sproul
Bäckman - Jensen
Marchenko - Nedomlel

In a good world (no veteran rule). There is actully no need for Evans, Paetsch, Miele, Porter, Hoggan. This team has what it takes. And no veterans means more chances for young players to get the chance.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Mantha - Athanasiou - Pulkkinen
Callahan - Zengerle - Ferraro
Nestrasil - Nosek - Frk
Tvrdon - Aubry - Campbell

Ouellet - Sproul
Bäckman - Jensen
Marchenko - Nedomlel

In a good world (no veteran rule). There is actully no need for Evans, Paetsch, Miele, Porter, Hoggan. This team has what it takes. And no veterans means more chances for young players to get the chance.

Is Aubry even good enough for the AHL?

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Man, I really hope Ouellet makes the Wings just so the Griffins icetime distribution makes some damn sense. You know Blash wants to get Paetsch and Evans some solid minutes, so that cuts it down even more. I could see something like:

Backman-Marchenko
Paetsch-Jensen
Evans-Sproul

PP:

Backman-Sproul
Marchenko-Jensen

(but Paetsch always seems to find his way onto the PP, which is bad news this year.)

PK:

Evans-Marchenko
Paetsch-Jensen

Of course, all of that just goes to hell if Ouellet doesn't make the Wings. I don't even want to think about that. Somebody would probably be playing fewer than 15 minutes a game. They might as well loan somebody out to Texas or Syracuse as a favor. One of the Wings-friendly organizations out there. Now that I think about it, loaning Paetsch to another team isn't the worst idea.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Is Aubry even good enough for the AHL?

Hasn't shown the ability to be productive anyway.

Veterans in the AHL get overlooked. While most of them have plateaued, they're often better than prospects and the Griffins care about winning too. Winning beats out of everything else. Hoggan is exactly the type of guy I want around my team's prospects.

Of course, all of that just goes to hell if Ouellet doesn't make the Wings. I don't even want to think about that. Somebody would probably be playing fewer than 15 minutes a game. They might as well loan somebody out to Texas or Syracuse as a favor. One of the Wings-friendly organizations out there. Now that I think about it, loaning Paetsch to another team isn't the worst idea.

One injury in Detroit or GR is all it takes. Rather one too many.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
All-prospect team is always possible in theory, but show me an injury free hockey team and I will show you how Arnold Schwarzenegger becomes the President of United States. ;)

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
quote "Andy Miele has been placed on the non-roster injured reserve list by the Detroit Red Wings."

OK..Anyone know what the injury is and when he will be able to go for the GriFs?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
quote "Andy Miele has been placed on the non-roster injured reserve list by the Detroit Red Wings."

OK..Anyone know what the injury is and when he will be able to go for the GriFs?

According to Malik, sports hernia. I don't think there is a timeline.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
forwards in GRG

Jeff Hoggan - Mark Zengerle - Teemu Pulkkinen
Tomas Nosek - Andreas Athanasiou - Landon Ferraro
Martin Frk - Alden Hirschfeld - Colin Campbell
Shane Berschbach - Mitch Callahan - Kevin Porter
Louis-Marc Aubry

defensemen
Xavier Ouellet - Ryan Sproul
Mattias Backman - Nick Jensen
Brennan Evans - Richard Nedomlel

Petr Mrazek
Thomas McCollum

These players went to Toledo
Marek Tvrdon - Kyle Bonis - Tyler Barnes
Jared Coreau - Scott Czarnowczan

On IR
Andy Miele, Anthony Mantha

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
That's a damn competitive AHL team. The entire defense is NHL level, they've got great goaltending, and probably 7-8 forwards good enough for a callup. They'll have Nastasiuk and Bertuzzi for the playoffs, so anything less than a Calder Cup would be a disappointment.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
ADDED BRUTON

forwards in GRG
Jeff Hoggan - Mark Zengerle - Teemu Pulkkinen
Mitch Callahan - Tomas Nosek - - Landon Ferraro
Shane Berschbach - Alden Hirschfeld - Colin Campbell
Chris Bruton - Andreas Athanasiou - Martin Frk
- Louis-Marc Aubry -
- Kevin Porter -

defensemen